The Mac Gamer Weekly - new video news series.

Mac news

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Just wanted to give a shout out to my new youtube series about weekly Mac gaming news. I aim to release this every Friday evening, though it may bleed over into Saturday morning sometimes. Lots of fun news and nuggest of info around for Mac gamers these days, so wanted to compile them in an easily digestible format.

I plan to add some more sections, such as rumors (Steam DB stuff, etc) and perhaps shoutouts to notable Kickstarter projects or similar things like the Secret History of Mac gaming project. (Which the thread here inspired me to pledge.) Lastly, I'm keeping an eye on neat threads around IMG, Macrumors  and Reddit that may be of interest to highlight. (None make it into this video at the moment.)

Any feedback is welcome! Offhand I know some of the audio could be tuned up, and I will look to do this in future releases.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

Game on Jon!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

I found this very informative. It seems like the ideal kind of thing to find out about games that I might have missed. There were a couple that I hadn't heard of so that was great. Perhaps you could also mentioned the Unbound campaign for the book "The Secret History of Mac Gaming". Seems like it could use all the publicity it can get.
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostTacohead, on 11 June 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

I found this very informative. It seems like the ideal kind of thing to find out about games that I might have missed. There were a couple that I hadn't heard of so that was great. Perhaps you could also mentioned the Unbound campaign for the book "The Secret History of Mac Gaming". Seems like it could use all the publicity it can get.

Yes, I realized a bit too late that I left out the book campaign. It will be featured in next weeks video. Glad you found it informative, that's what I was aiming for :)
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive