macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

I'm gunna work on making DirtyHarry50 play BL2 this fall so hard. So. Hard.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

I've already agonized him until his pain nerves were fried into bacon... mmmmmm b a c o n.  Maybe we need to do an intervention, have him seek treatment or we will stop being his codependents.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 23 August 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

Good luck with that. Legion drops seven days from now. There are demons to kill, Azeroth to save and miles to go before we sleep. Apologies to Frost (Robert, that is).

#24 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

Um, hi! :)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 24 August 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

Um, hi! :)

YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS!!  Go to your room and do your homework.  I don't want to hear your TV going either.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

But, but... I was just gonna...

I gotta see how horrible Duke Nukem Forever is one more time before I delete it from my disk and backlog.

After seeing macdude22's backloggery link, I had to blow a day inputting all my stuff, fall out of my chair after looking at what I'd done and then begin the process of separating the wheat from the chaff. Actually, I have to toss a lot of wheat too because there simply isn't time and I need to finally deal with my obsessive behavior about this stuff once and for all (famous last words). Thus, peculiar stuff like firing up the long awaited and ill-fated Duke has to happen as he must be seen one last time before officially being tossed into the abyss, hidden from sight and forgotten forevermore.

#27 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Also, it is well past time for me to abandon ship on all the classics I never got around to as much as it pains me to get real about it. The time to play them was in most cases when they came out or soon thereafter, not a decade or more later. There are a handful of noteworthy exceptions to this rule for me but I am trying to really limit the number of those as well.

It's funny but just playing something from five years ago, it looked so good compared to the oldies I've mired myself in for years or the old MMOs that have eaten up so much time really made me think to myself, what the hell am I doing? I should forget the majority of that stuff, enjoy new and amazing games and that's that. There just is not time enough for everything.

On a bright note, I was getting the message starting a couple years ago and have since skipped all the big seasonal sales. The only things I tended to pick up were new Feral or Aspyr releases but the most recent of them don't run to my satisfaction on this iMac so aside of Pillars of Eternity I am not likely to buy anything else anytime soon while I think hard about how to spend my time and money in the future.

#28 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:21 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 25 August 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

But, but... I was just gonna...

I gotta see how horrible Duke Nukem Forever is one more time before I delete it from my disk and backlog.

I hope you also have the "Dr. Who Cloned Me" DLC, since they couldn't be arsed to put the REAL ending into the game.

on topic:
so, BL3. Love to see more BL2-style stuff and I really hope
- they will actually DO something with the places you go, not just waste them, like in TPS and where the Claptrap DLC is better than the whole main game
- can think of something else as an ending than the neverending endurance run in the vault of BL1 and TPS.
- and I really think we had enough of Jack and Moxxi.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#29 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

There's never enough Moxxi.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hey Macdude, has Moxxi said anything about me?  The Claptrap DLC was pretty good, in fact all BL1 DLC was better than BL2 DLC.  It's hard to compare though because BL2 had character mod DLC and BL1 didn't.  But of the scenario DLC, BL1 is my favorite.  That said, I love my BL2 Mechromancer!  She provides the most fun playthrough for me.  Normally I'm all about accuracy, to quote Colonel Whelen, "Only accurate rifles are interesting", but Gaige made inaccuracy very doable and fun... and Deathtrap, holy mayhem Batman!  I'd like BL3 to have the same UI as BL2, and I hope to H E double hockey sticks that those Jackdamn developers have seen enough of what works and what doesn't in BL.  Also whatever BL3 is, please write the story first and then map around it and not the other way around.  

I'm guessing BL3 will be on one of those vault worlds shown at the end of BL2.  And Gearbox, keep making the landscape epic in grandeur.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 23 August 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

Maybe the ol DH should play BL2 tonight. fire up the discord, grab a snifter of whisky. Put the parrots to bed. Slay some bandits.

#32 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

I loved anarchy so much I changed my reload button to something out of reach so I wouldn't accidentally start discord, I could still snipe with a buttload of anarchy stacks.  Accuracy wasn't THAT thrown off using anarchy and with a lot of stacks you became more dangerous with a sniper rifle than you would be racking up headshots.  Make sure you buff the close enough skill and all your misses can still have another chance to find a target.  If you find a class mod that buffs close enough then every shot counts regardless of your inaccuracy.  What me aim?  I could stick close to Deathtrap during a fight just firing at the ground in front of the bad guys.  They all focus on Deathtrap, not you, while taking bullets to the teeth.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#33 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Deathtrap was real nice for farming the warrior.

#34 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Deathtrap is good for everything.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#35 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 23 August 2016 - 02:32 AM, said:

Requests:
• More large boss-like monsters.
• More variety than 1. half of the game having mostly humanoids, and then 2. half having mostly robots. Mix it up. Add more beasts/monsters.
• Fix those horrible menus. They are so painful to work with.
• Let me skip cutscenes.
• I'd like a second active skill on each hero.
• Don't release B3 until DirtyHarry50 has played B2. We'll make him. I promise.
• Forest/Jungle area.
• Don't have me click 9 times through a horribly designed menu each time I need to get a car. (I always go for the rocket one as it deals most damage)
• More Jack, Claptrap, Hammerlock and Moxxi.
• Buyable minor weapons upgrades.
• Armor.
• More secrets. Love those really hiddens ones you sometimes come across.
• I want to fight some more Eridians.
• Let me skip all those annoying cutscenes when you launch the game, and the required mouse press (WTF?)
• Let me remove quests from the quest view.
• Remember my choice of vehicle.
• I want to see more than one active quest at a time.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#36 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Here's what I want..
I want..

Come to think of it, I just want to play Borderlands 2 again.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#37 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

So, is this Borderlands 2 game any good? Like, is it better than Duke Nukem Forever? I posted a screenshot in my Steam feed of the lively online community with all the servers and stuff for Duke.

#38 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 August 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

So, is this Borderlands 2 game any good? Like, is it better than Duke Nukem Forever? I posted a screenshot in my Steam feed of the lively online community with all the servers and stuff for Duke.

Attached Files

#39 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 August 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

Attached Files

#40 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

As fate would have it, The Handsome Collection is on my Amazon wishlist. How did you know?