Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

I can confirm the game runs buttery smooth @1080p on my iMac connected to the TV. Great work, Feralites!
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#22 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Thanks guys. ^__^
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#23 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

Nice to see a Mac port of this great game!

I did not upgrade to the Definitive Ed. since the old (Win) version runs nice and I could not run the came on OS X anyway.
But nice!
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#24 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:23 PM

I never played the old one and tried to get a refund from Steam because it "wouldn't run on my system." No dice. I will probably cave when it's 7.50 again or wait for an inevitable Square Enix bundle. I'm more reluctant to use Windows these days.

#25 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:17 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 02 April 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Huh? I just read something about a Feral account being necessary for achievements and leaderboards in the MAS version. Since when is that a thing? Is Apple's Game Center no longer cutting it?

View Postmacdude22, on 02 April 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Considering Game Center completely broke command and conquer I don't blame them.

View PostCougar, on 02 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

I think the one guy who worked on GameCenter at Apple quit. It's awful on iOS too.

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 03 April 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Siri works much better than GameCenter.

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 03 April 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

He was an intern. And resumed his flipping burgers career he shouldn't have quit.

View PostSpike, on 03 April 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Apple dropped the ball on GameCenter so hard, I am not sure they could hire another burger flipper to continue or update it. The only thing another person that Apple would hire would do is just stare at it for another 5 years.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 April 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

OMG I'm qualified for a job at Apple!!

View PostUmarOMC1, on 04 April 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

I was looking for a Sleep Dogs thread but now feel like raging against—what is it now, Game Center? Oh crap! There's an app called Game Center in my Applications folder!

View PostJan, on 04 April 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

Company of Heroes 2 was the first game to use Feral accounts for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards. Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation, too. Game Center has been broken since the introduction of iOS 9. Apple don't seem to care. Feral's decision is understandable and, by the way, Feral accounts work great.

View PostEllieFeral, on 05 April 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Ew.

But yeah don't worry, the performance was actually buttery smooth on the Mac we were playing on. It was high settings with no frame rate problems whatsoever. But we edited that video using the Twitch broadcast, soooo... it doesn't look ideal. Best watch these videos for the giggles, not the performance insights.

so will the future Feral still support apple's game center or not? because the unification of it is a big factor for me to buying games on mac app store, i love unlocking acheivements and sending it to my friends .

#26 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:00 AM

Rage-quoting? I never knew that was a thing.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#27 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Given Gamecenter is essentially broken on 10.11, and there is no indication Apple intends to fix it, I expect giants like Aspyr and Feral to move away from GameCenter permanently. Aspyr cannot be happy they relied on GC for C&C Generals networking and 10.11 GC broke the game less than a year after it's release.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#28 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

Apparently Apple fixed the Gamecenter bug in the latest iOS beta. Dunno about 10.10.5.

#29 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

I don't know why they have been so incredibly slow about it but I would still expect Apple to fix Gamecenter across the ecosystem, OS X included. I think in particular with the adoption of Metal on OS X and the inevitable iOS ports to OS X this issue will ultimately get attention. If anything, I'd expect to see them improve it over time across the board rather than discard it anywhere. Again though, why they are so slow in dealing with it is beyond me.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#30 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 13 April 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

I don't know why they have been so incredibly slow about it but I would still expect Apple to fix Gamecenter across the ecosystem, OS X included. I think in particular with the adoption of Metal on OS X and the inevitable iOS ports to OS X this issue will ultimately get attention. If anything, I'd expect to see them improve it over time across the board rather than discard it anywhere. Again though, why they are so slow in dealing with it is beyond me.

yes, with thousands billion cash on hand they could have brought their way for the lead in gaming industry, what the hell is apple thinking , JEEZ and update the mac pro already!!!!!! and that outdated thunderbolt display...........

#31 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

Yeah yeah yeah, but you should see the progress they made on the iPhone 7!  OMG!  They are larger and more powerful than a Mac Pro but fold and fit into a car trunk so you can take it with you where ever you go.  They finally made the screen rival that of a theatre, with 7X retina resolution, 3D, and Dolby surround sound.  They've replace Siri with an individual FBI terrorist division caller rep servicing only you and your cell.  They are working night and day to bring you the best and most amazing iPhone yet and all you people can do is piss and moan that they have abandoned all the desktop product lines.  You should be happy that Apple will even sell you one of their precious.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#32 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:16 AM

I love Kool-Aid. It's so good. :)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#33 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 13 April 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

At the moment, Game Center is borderline unusable. It's responsible for the majority of support tickets at Feral and has been completely broken on iOS for at least six months. That's unacceptable and Microsoft or Sony HQ would have been invaded by their users with torches and pitchforks if they had fraked up like this. It's a very bad joke and every 'serious' gamer working at Apple should be ashamed.

It seems no one at Apple seriously acknowledges these problems and they just don't care to fix them. For some users, the latest iOS update solved the problem, for a lot of people (including me) the White Screen of Death remains and breaks games.

Feral built their own matchmaking, friends and achievements infrastructure within one (!) year and it works perfectly well. The richest company in the history of mankind is incapable of building, optimizing and maintaining a similar service in six (!) years. :wall:

macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#34 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

View Posthenryfakesmile, on 12 April 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

so will the future Feral still support apple's game center or not? because the unification of it is a big factor for me to buying games on mac app store, i love unlocking acheivements and sending it to my friends .

Feral completely dropped Game Center. Shadow of Mordor was the last Feral game to use Game Center, Company of Heroes 2 became the first game to utilize Feral Accounts for multiplayer, leaderboards and achievements. All Feral titles released since fall 2015 use Feral Accounts, including Mordor, Alien Isolation and Sleeping Dogs. It works just like Steam: You log-in with your Feral account once, a little pop-up appears and when you unlock achievements you get pop-up notifications as well. I suppose it's the same when friends appear online.

macOS Sierra

#35 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Gamecenter is going to die a slow death I am sure. And the smell of its corpse is already apparent. I doubt Apple is ever going to do something major to it anymore.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#36 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostJan, on 15 April 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

every 'serious' gamer working at Apple should be ashamed. :wall:

Seriously? I swear that in the last couple years Apple itself has gotten worse at gaming. I have now given up on Tim Cook and believe they need new leadership.

#37 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostSpike, on 15 April 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Seriously? I swear that in the last couple years Apple itself has gotten worse at gaming. I have now given up on Tim Cook and believe they need new leadership.

Hey, at least they introduced Metal last year for the Mac...which is woefully inadequate for AAA games.

Here's to hoping "macOS" 10.12 or 1.0 or whatever number they call it has Metal 2.0. Not optimistic.

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

View PostJan, on 15 April 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

[...] every 'serious' gamer working at Apple should be ashamed.

Feral built their own matchmaking, friends and achievements infrastructure within one (!) year and it works perfectly well. The richest company in the history of mankind is incapable of building, optimizing and maintaining a similar service in six (!) years. :wall:

There you see?  Every 'serious' gamer at Apple IS working on Game Center.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 15 April 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

There you see?  Every 'serious' gamer at Apple IS working on Game Center.

Oh, well when you put it that way.....