Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#81 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 25 November 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

I wanna play like Frost when I grow up and lay waste to servers wherever I go. I believe it is important to dream big however unrealistic my dreams may be.

The only way to make your post-30 brain fast enough to kill teenagers and laugh is to begin regularly overloading your parietal lobe's bandwidth while you're a teen yourself until your brain permanently rewires certain sensory processing from the parietal lobe to the much higher bandwidth and lower latency prefrontal cortex so everything's well-worn and in place when your brain reaches maturity somewhere around 27 or so. You also need to increase cortical thickness overall for higher executive decision-making function, and increase grey matter to the right cerebellum for improved spatial reasoning. It also assists with driving and aviation by exploiting an effect similar to (or possibly the same as) that seen in racecar drivers and aerobatics pilots who start young, and theoretically should offer the advantage until age starts attacking sufficiently to make a dent around your 60s or possibly later depending on brain health.

<-- Achieving high scores through neuroscience since 1991
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#82 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 25 November 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

Question for the November newsletter:

What do you enjoy most about multiplayer, and why?

Playing co-op with friends.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#83 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Last question of the year, and of course it's gotta be a big one:

What's the best Mac game of 2016, and why?
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#84 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostEllieFeral, on 19 December 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

Last question of the year, and of course it's gotta be a big one:

What's the best Mac game of 2016, and why?

I've been playing a lot of WoW Legion since the summer, but the game I've enjoyed most is Planetbase from Madruga Works.

As the name suggests, it's a space colony sim, but one that's rooted at a realistically challenging level and with a good understanding of the resources and tech you'd need to start a self-sufficient colony on Mars, Europa, or wherever. It looks great too, and the soundtrack is sufficiently pleasant to warrant a download for additional listening.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#85 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

So many games in 2016 have not been the kind that I like :sad: .

My favorite is Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg  from Battlefront because its the kind I like being a realistic simulation instead of the flood of pointless arcade that is world of tanks/warships etc..

#86 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:03 AM

2016? I am still playing games from pre-2000. Thanks backlog.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#87 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

Best Mac game from 2016 would be Mad Max in my opinion. It's a ton of fun, and I like open world games, as well as post apocalyptic universes. Even Steam achievements are reasonable and don't require finishing the game blindfolded in nightmare difficulty, without ever respawning. The game is long so there's bang for your buck, too.

#88 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

The Warhammer 40k series of course. For the Emperor!!!

These games are so incredibly good.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#89 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

I looked at a list of 2016 games and I didn't see any that I would like, short of what I have.  I have Mad Max but the damn thing has these fights where you have to push some random key that flashes on the screen.  To me that is the same as the quicktime event games I hate that require random button presses on cue, I quit Far Cry 3 for the same reason.  I absolutely hate that game mechanic.  All my games are bought after they go on sale which sometimes takes years, so I don't have any 2016 games that are my favorite.  I love DOOM, got it in a black Friday sale for 75% off, and even though it is such a maze like game that squishes my kill per minute ratio.  Once I get into a fight It's the best game I have... short of the borderlands series.

So DOOM is my favorite 2016 game.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#90 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Obduction. Nobody makes adventure games like Cyan.

Not sure if that qualifies, as the Mac version is in beta and I played it in Windows.

Other than that, I would have to go with Life is Strange, though I played it before the Mac version. I'm a terrible Mac gamer, I know.

#91 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

This Mac Pro is a gaming machine and I'd happily play ported games if they were FPS or RPG or BOTH.  Not much of that floating around these days.  Hint hint.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#92 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

I'd also go with Mad Max. For one, it's an absolutely gorgeous game full of beautiful and stunning vistas. Secondly, it's Mad Max, dammit. :P

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#93 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 20 December 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

This Mac Pro is a gaming machine and I'd happily play ported games if they were FPS or RPG or BOTH.  Not much of that floating around these days.  Hint hint.

If you look beyond AAA, we have a RPG renaissance going on right now. Shadowrun games, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 now, and Torment, Divinity: Original Sin 2 next year. Tyranny just came out, Wasteland 3 and Bard's Tale on the horizon. I can't keep up.

#94 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:17 AM

And the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#95 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

Hey Mac lot, we have another question for you!

Do you prefer realistic games or fantastical ones? And why?
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#96 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 20 January 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Do you prefer realistic games or fantastical ones? And why?
Fantastical ones. I love a good adventure in a magical world. Same with books, I always only read fantasy and scifi.

#97 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I just want an interesting world/story. I definitely prefer science fictional settings, but the problem is that I read too much actual science fiction, and most games' worldbuilding sucks. I wish more writers would dip their toes in game development.

Imagine a cyberpunk game penned by William Gibson. It would blow Deus Ex out of the water.

#98 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

If by realistic or fantastical you mean video, doesn't matter.  When I first played borderlands I was put off by the look.  A couple days later, it was just how the world was and I didn't notice it anymore.  As long as it is visually coherent I'm good to go.  If you mean story world, fantastical.  I love me some sci-fi and fantasy.  But like Cougar, story is very important to me as well.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#99 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

Fantastical please. If I wanted reality I would go play outside. I know, scary thought isn't it?
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#100 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Realistic.