#1 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi all!

Some fun news for shooter fans. The new Homefront game has been confirmed to have Mac/Linux versions in development. Native one's! Even better. No Cider nonsense for us.

I can’t link to the post, since it is a press release via GamesPress, a journalistic resource. You would need to login to view the post at all. But it says:

"Homefront: The Revolution is scheduled for release on May 17th in North America, and May 20th in all other territories on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC."

"Native Mac and Linux versions are also in development."

Of course I posted about it over at the MGC in a little more detail: http://www.macgameca...sions-confirmed

While the original Homefront was so so at best, the new game looks pretty neat. I'll be checking it out anyway!

Neat fact: First CRYENGINE game that will be released for OS X from what I can tell.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

I liked the original homefront. I never played any of the multiplayer nonsense but I liked the single player campaign.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

I did too. I played it not all that long ago but I have the new one wish listed for XBox One. It's cool it is coming to Macs though. I hope they do a good job with it.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

Not interested in the game, but I hope the cry engine news bodes well for the future. OS X version of Star Citizen, please!

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:53 AM

Good to hear. I remember they mentioned Mac and Linux versions already when the game was announced back then, but it's good to hear they still stick to these plans.

View PostWumpus, on 02 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Neat fact: First CRYENGINE game that will be released for OS X from what I can tell.
Depending on Feral, Evolve might come earlier.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

Evolve? Does anybody play that?

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 06 March 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

Evolve? Does anybody play that?
Yeah. About 500 people...

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

For a game that was that much hyped, 500 sure isn't many.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 06 March 2016 - 04:15 AM, said:

Yeah. About 500 people...

Hmm, so that be 500 Windows users which means... oh, oh. Is Feral really doing this, I hope not?

#10 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 06 March 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

For a game that was that much hyped, 500 sure isn't many.
Well, it was much more initially, but an overall feeling of disappointment with the finished game (certainly aggravated by the hype) and its DLC plans apparently lead to it quickly losing its playerbase.

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 06 March 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hmm, so that be 500 Windows users which means... oh, oh. Is Feral really doing this, I hope not?
It seems they are. On the other hand, there aren't that many games where the active playerbase could double after release of Mac and Linux ports (at least for a while). :P

#11 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

It sounds like a Game of the Century Edition is in order which includes all DLC. That might help but then they'd need to be willing to do that on the Windows side for a Steamplay title. I'm thinking that isn't likely for this particular game but who knows.

#12 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostWumpus, on 02 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hi all!

Some fun news for shooter fans. The new Homefront game has been confirmed to have Mac/Linux versions in development. Native one's! Even better. No Cider nonsense for us.

I can’t link to the post, since it is a press release via GamesPress, a journalistic resource. You would need to login to view the post at all. But it says:

"Homefront: The Revolution is scheduled for release on May 17th in North America, and May 20th in all other territories on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC."

"Native Mac and Linux versions are also in development."

Of course I posted about it over at the MGC in a little more detail: http://www.macgameca...sions-confirmed

While the original Homefront was so so at best, the new game looks pretty neat. I'll be checking it out anyway!

nice, another good news for the mac community !

#13 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:29 AM

I'm looking forward to there being a Mac listing, there's no way I'd pre-purchase otherwise. I miss out on the pre-purchase goodies but c'est la vie.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#14 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

Early reviews are not positive though. :( I like the premise for the game though, both the setting and the guerilla approach you start out with.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#15 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

Between the awful multiplayer and singleplayer impressions, and the development hell the game went through, this game wins my coveted "most likely to fail" award. To those of you who preorder, you are braver than I.