#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

I was wondering if any of your multi-platform freaks out there have played "The Crew" by ubidopes.

Its currently side by side on the $15 bracket for the humble monthly bundle, and was wondering about it. I had a blast in GRID2, and from the video, it looks like GRID2, off the grid. But hard to tell.

I have so many of the other games in the bundle, so if I do get the $15 bracket bundle... I'll have some giveaways for the dupes.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

I played in the beta and the driving was a little floaty but it seemed fun. Freeform busting ass across the USA. I recall there not being a lot of reason to "get your crew together" which was unfortunate for a "MMORPG racer" It generally got mediocre reviews and that micro transaction currency really turned me off so I have never looked at it again. I guess for 15 bucks it can't be that bad but I'm not biting.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

MMO Racing with micro transactions?

Run away! Run away!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

wtf micro transactions?

Well, the $15 for "me" would cover:

Assincrack Rogue (its one I dont have)
Assincrack Chronicles China (the alternative style, that looks fun)
The Crew (wasn't sure about it)

So it would be a payoff, 3 games for $15. The others I could give away to friends since I have them already or dont care about.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

I'm not even anti micro transaction. Trion does it fine, Defiance and Trove aren't obnoxious about it. I remember The Crew being somewhat obnoxious about it.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, micro transactions are not always an instant no for me but to see micro transactions in the same sentence with ubisoft gives me a shudder.

That price certainly seems good to pick up the Assassin's Creed games and it probably would be at least some fun messing around in the racing game. I'd call that a good deal myself. I just joked about the racer because for me, an MMO racer is just not something I'd be into with so many single player ones to choose from but bundled with stuff already worth the price, why not?
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

Right..... so long as the micro-transactions are not 'pay to play at all or gtfo', then they are not SO bad. Unlike SWTOR, where it was abuse to even the paying subscribers! vs LOTRO where you could actually enjoy most all the game freely at your own pace if you grinded for it.

But you are correct in saying "micro-transactions and ubisoft in the same sentence" ... I got chills just thinkin about it.

I'll have to do some review reading, and see if humble actually DOES add more games to that empty "more games soon" slot (and if they are anything worth to shake a stick at).

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 February 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

LOTRO

I'm the first to admit that I'm not up on all the acronyms floating around out there.  Does LOTRO mean "Lord Of The Rings Online" or  does it mean "Laughing Out The Rear Opening"?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

LOL!!! lord of the rings online =D

-Fm [1oM7]

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

Man, reviews for this are all over the board.

Which I think stems from:

A) People looking for the next ultra-realistic-omg-handjob-racing game.
B) People looking for an awesome multi-player racing game.
C) People just looking to have some fun in a game.
D) People who just like to dick around in a game with tons of content.

Mix them all up, and you get all kinds of love/hate reviews for every aspect of the game.

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

Don't forget the UbiSoft factor.

Day 1 of the Division Beta: Holy popsnizzle, this game is amazing! <places pre-order>
Day 2 of the Division Beta: I didn't expect this to be so fun. Wait, why did I just die to an invisible person in the PvP area? Odd. Still, so fun!
Day 3 of the Division Beta: Someone reveals on reddit that the server explicitly trusts any data given to it by the client. Lagswitch MLG and infinite magazines quickly ensue, PvP area becomes next to unusable as teams of roving, teleporting invincible men grief everyone. Realization that nothing can be really done about this for the full product unless they do a serious overhaul of their netcode... in only 5 weeks.

Pre-order cancelled.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#12 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

lmao

Dont forget to sprinkle on the Special Sauce™ of always-connected drm that works maybe 33% of the time and if it drops during play you lose all progress and saved games.

-Fm [1oM7]

#13 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

It's a real shame because Massive actually did a really good job with The Division. It is a LOT of fun, gameplay is great, and I could see it being a killer open world shooter with a massive emphasis on coop.

But the PvP... what the frak dude. It was harder to exploit the original Unreal's multiplayer than The Division's. And this is 2016, not 1998. UbiSoft strikes again!
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#14 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

Looks like humble fleshed out the remaining game selection. Nothing I want, already have!

So for $15, it would only get me Rogue, Chronicles, and Crew.

I'd be giving away 5 of the games though if I bought it ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#15 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

I read an Ubisoft blog that said all the cheats will be fixed at launch. Ubi wouldn't lie.

#16 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:03 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 09 February 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

I read an Ubisoft blog that said all the cheats will be fixed at launch. Ubi wouldn't lie.
Like they fixed all the cheats in Rainbow Six: Siege... except it's been over two months and they haven't.

At least that game has the saving grace of Terrorist Hunt is the return of coop Rainbow Six: Raven Shield and thus frakking awesome though.

Eric5h5: