No more computer game purchases until 2017.
I feel good about it, and here's why:
- I've just given myself permission to dig deep into my backlog. Some great stuff there.
- Less reason to rush through old games to clear the deck for something new.
- 12 months free of worry about whether my old Mac will run the latest games.
- Huge time savings because I can ignore every Humble, GOG, MacGameStore, and Steam sale. (I usually browse sales compulsively.)
- I *might* make an exception for a Kickstarter, if something unique like Descent Underground comes up that truly needs my support.
- Console games included (right now we just have a Wii U)
- iOS games included! This may actually be the toughest part, especially with so many $1 and free-to-play games. But I've got a small backlog there too.
- Encouraging my children to buy a game so I can play it IS allowed. :-) But they are 13 and 20. It would be infinitely easier to get them to play something I already own, and that hardly ever happens.