Xbox 360 controller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gfrance

gfrance

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:10 AM

I have played a couple Mac games using an wireless Xbox 360 controller.  
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Spec Ops: The Line
Batman: Arkham City

Does anyone know of any other games for Mac that have the Xbox controller settings built into them?

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

GRID 2
GRID Autosport
DiRT 3
Shadow of Mordor

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

View Postgfrance, on 15 January 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

I have played a couple Mac games using an wireless Xbox 360 controller.  
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Spec Ops: The Line
Batman: Arkham City

Does anyone know of any other games for Mac that have the Xbox controller settings built into them?

IIRC Steam recognizes it and thus it'll work with Steam's Big Picture mode and any Mac Steam game that supports controller input should work with it. I use a DualShock 4 like that regularly, hooked into my MacBook Pro's USB port.

If it doesn't work it might be due to needing a HID driver. There should be OSX HID drivers for 360 controllers out on the web.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.