mac games moba

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Melliana

Melliana

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

The games listed have officially supported Mac clients.
https://www.youtube....h?v=6v3Axy-0Bm8

League of Legends - Riot Game's free to play MOBA is one of the most successful games of all time. Without 60+ million monthly active users, Riot has the resources to develop a Mac OS X compatible client. League of Legends added an OS X compatible client in March, 2013.

Dota 2 - Valve's epic MOBA supported both a Mac and Linux game client within a weak of launching. The OS X client was released world-wide on July 18, 2013. With 800,000+ concurrent users online, Dota 2 is the second most successful MOBA in the world.

Heroes of the Storm - Blizzard's foray into the MOBA space. Heroes of the Storm, or HoTS for short, includes popular characters from all major Blizzard games - Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft.

Heroes of Newerth - S2's Dota inspired MOBA is both Mac OS X and Linux compatible.

Strife - A fast paced 3D MOBA with cartoony graphics from S2 Games. Features a unique crafting and pet system.

Savage 2 - A unique MOBA/FPS action MMO developed by S2 Games.

Dragons and Titans - A 5v5 dragon riding MOBA where two opposing teams compete to destroy their opponent's titan cage. Over 30 dragons and a unique weapon system.

Golden Rush - a unique 3v3v3v3 MOBA developed by a Russian game studio. Golden Rush is on all major platforms including MAC.

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3302 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

Never heard of the last four. League intriguing. May have to install.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:10 AM

HON has been spun off to a new company and is no longer with S2. They are going all Strife now.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:59 AM

I've never been able to become interested in these due to everything I heard about how badly people tend to treat one another in games like Dota 2. It's possible that Blizzard's entry which I've read is simpler to play might be a little more my speed and I do mean to try that at some point. Otherwise though, I am really just not up for team games that feature a lot of drama.

I bet a lot of this stuff is great if you are a kid in high school or something and you team up with friends regularly with voice chat, etc. and play together. That is probably a very good time and maybe there's a lot of that going on. My issue is with jumping into groups of random people who in an anonymous world tend to act not so good compared to how they probably would in person.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

Then join a guild. It is totally worth it. MOBAs can be quite addictive
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 14 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Then join a guild. It is totally worth it. MOBAs can be quite addictive

I didn't realize people formed guilds to play those. I should check my own multi-game guild to see if there is already a chapter or chapters playing some of these. I know some of our members get together to play other games in at least one area of our forums setup for non-guild run chapters. I forget how many years I've been in, "The Old Timers Guild" but it's probably eight or so by now. We've got people playing many of the major MMOs plus other stuff and forums setup to cover all this different activity. Presently I am slacking off just playing ultra-casual WoW.

I don't know if I need to get sucked into another addictive game though. WoW became very casual and MMOs in general much as I still like them so I could find time to catch up on a crazy number of other titles I'd like to play, almost all of them single player experiences.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, games, moba