4 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

I've been playing this game for the last couple of weeks in my spare time and I just love it.  I love the freedom to pick and choose and to roam at will without timers timing out on me.  The grapple has become my best friend and these days I even wipe my butt with it.  Nobody in a turret or tower is safe.  

What has happened the last few days has cemented my love of this game, I discovered paragliding with my grapple.  I used to try to drive places (I'm an awful driver with the keypad steering) but wound up taking to the trees with my grapple because of the high visibility of driving along in my terroristmobile.  I grappled to my next destination for awhile using the custom destination marker.  A startup splash screen suggested I try grappling with my parachute so I gave that a shot.  I am now a believer.  I make a custom destination marker and I paraglide using the grapple, I get there in a quarter of the time that just grappling allows.

This leads me to wonder if there are other cool tricks I can use to enhance my gaming pleasure.  Do you guys have any suggestions?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

Thats one of the fun ones! Take to the trees, fling yourself out and flyyyyyy... glideeeee... grapple for a boost!

Have you tried jumping out of a helicopter, and glide to a plane, grapple, and hijack it mid air yet???

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

have you done Fry Me to the Moon yet. That mission was inssssssane.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Tether a soldier to a propane bottle, shoot the bottle, enjoy the show.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 December 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

Thats one of the fun ones! Take to the trees, fling yourself out and flyyyyyy... glideeeee... grapple for a boost!

Have you tried jumping out of a helicopter, and glide to a plane, grapple, and hijack it mid air yet???

THAT is on my To Do list.  Just what I was asking for.  I've grapple-jacked cars, motorcycles, boats and taxiing planes.  But this mid-air jack sounds like a lot of fun.  I've tried to grapple-jack a helicopter that was attacking me but the pilot was Jackie Chan apparently.  Any civilian plane should be all butter.  Hope the guy brought a parachute with him.  No I don't.

View Postmacdude22, on 31 December 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

have you done Fry Me to the Moon yet. That mission was inssssssane.

I got the 3 satellites destroyed easily but for the life of me I could not fly that jet.  I usually wound up smacking into the ground.  Got frustrated and canceled the mission.  I need to practice flying jets before I attempt this again.  I have no problems with helicopters and paragliding, it all feels very natural.

View PostJanichsan, on 31 December 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Tether a soldier to a propane bottle, shoot the bottle, enjoy the show.

You are one sick puppy Janichsan.  Sick and twisted.  That's why I made you moderator, I like the way you think.  This is absolutely on my To Do list.  I tried once to grapple a line across a road to clothesline some motorcycles, but they just drive right through it like it wasn't there.  That was a bit disappointing, I couldn't have been the first to try that.  Nobody thought of that during play testing?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat