• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

What do you guys think of the build your own bundles:

https://www.macgamestore.com/

(Theres 8 different sets to look at)

Be honest, what do you think? first impressions, first attempt, confused, laughing, what?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

Very nice, I like it the idea, and it is easy to understand when it is presented like that. Maybe add a small comment below each bundle icon on the front page, to describe what kind of games they are? Such as "Games from publisher EA" or "A mix of different space games" or "Assorted creepy games" etc. I don't think it stands out sufficiently that some are only from specific publishers, while others are of specific genres, if you are not a gaming geek that recoignizes those names or can understand what a game publisher is.

Personally I would prefer to have a new window/tab open when I click one of the games in the lists and have it show me the regular info page for the game in question, as I don't like the shortened version at the bottom of the page (Ie. I like to see reviews and comments, and so on), but that may just be me of course.

I would like to be able to see at a glance if I own any of the games in either list, or have them on my wishlist. Like, an icon next to all the other icons that are shown for supported platforms.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

Good points. I forget why we decided not to show if you purchased it... but if you had it in wishlist would make sense. As for the shortened version of the game info... yeaaah... I dont like that as much either, but it was done to flesh out the page itself (they each do have links to full game pages, just not very evident as you say).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Can only give it thumbs up. Great concept and solid interface for it.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#5 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

I like the presentation and contents of them myself. In particular, the Aspyr bundle is really nice for anyone not owning those games or enough of them to capitalize on the added discounting. A Feral bundle seems conspicuously absent but I imagine such things are related to what individual publishers are interested in doing at any given time.

The implementation of the page with very easy selection/removal and total price updating is nice. I liked that.

Links to any relevant DLC on sale for the bundled games would be helpful. Maybe I missed that as I only examined a couple titles descriptions closely.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#6 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:04 AM

I like the idea. Too bad I already own most of games I want :teehee:

Not so sure about % discounts. 5%, 10% in era of Steam sales... Something like 10% and 20% would probably look more like a good deal.

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 29 December 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I like the idea. Too bad I already own most of games I want :teehee:

Not so sure about % discounts. 5%, 10% in era of Steam sales... Something like 10% and 20% would probably look more like a good deal.
The individual games are currently already steeply discounted, in part up to 75%. So the 5-15% bundle discount is in addition to the single discount.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 December 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

The individual games are currently already steeply discounted, in part up to 75%. So the 5-15% bundle discount is in addition to the single discount.

Yeah, this is the part that isnt very clear. The bundle % savings are on top of any possible current sale for games chosen (this even includes games on flash sale for the day)... so its allowing the user to save a bit more if they were going to buy three or more of those games already. Again, many people already have most or enough games where the bundle doesnt fit for them.

Now, we could riddle that bundle page with all the: Base Price, Sale Price, % Savings! stuff... but then it would be a chaotic mess of numbers ... hard thing to balance.

-Fm [1oM7]

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Ok, I made some slight changes to include a possible original price striked out. And adjust the bundle % lines to say you save more, instead of just getting a % off. Maybe that will help a little.

Its amazing how big a tiny change of text can go in promotional gimmicks and things like this.

-Fm [1oM7]