DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

I got a free key for the original first Divine Divinity game from GOG.com the other day for buying some games on their current Winter sale. This version of the game works on Mac and I presume is setup with Wineskin. I own it already myself but it's yet another title I haven't gotten around to.

So if anyone would like it let me know and I'll send you a message with the code which must be redeemed prior to January 13th else it will expire on you and be lost forever and ever.

It's supposed to be a really great game. I'm hoping i live long enough to get around to playing it myself. Feel free to grab it for your own stash or even to pass along to a friend you think would like it or whatever. A good game is a terrible thing to waste. :)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

If no one has already claimed this, I'd be honored to add this game to my backlog. :)

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

I played this mmmmmmany years ago. It's a good game. Lot better than the second game. I was not super enthused about the Beyond Divinity mechanics.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostTibur, on 12 December 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

If no one has already claimed this, I'd be honored to add this game to my backlog. :)

Check your messages. Glad to find a good home for this classic.

#5 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:01 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 12 December 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I played this mmmmmmany years ago. It's a good game. Lot better than the second game. I was not super enthused about the Beyond Divinity mechanics.

Yeah, Beyond Divinity went a little too beyond Divinity with the annoying 2nd character you are stuck with as I recall. The one that followed that is supposed to be fairly decent I think although I don't believe they really exceeded the original until the most recent release. Speaking of the most recent Divinity game I have noticed that both it and Wasteland 2 are available for the XBox One. I need to read up on those and if combat is done any differently, whether it is a good thing or not if so, etc. It's really cool to see RPGs of this kind make it to XBox One. Too bad those Pillars of Eternity slackers didn't follow suit but the iMac I have now would run that game just fine anyway.

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

I played through the non-enhanced edition of Original Sin (ie. The unpolished version of the one you mention for xbox and others, which was released a year ago) and had a blast. Easily the best rpg in years. Sure it had some rough edges, but most of that has been fixed in the enhanced edition. I HIGHLY recommend it.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter