#41 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 12 December 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

What about Babel Rising? Is it Cider game?
Sadly I couldn't find anything about that.

Here's another list of TransGaming ports.
Interestingly they show Aspyr's "Spy Hunter" and "007: Nightfire" as TransGaming ports, published by Aspyr.

#42 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 12 December 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Sadly I couldn't find anything about that.
I think that's actually native (as it's originally an iOS game).

Here's another list of TransGaming ports.
Interestingly they show Aspyr's "Spy Hunter" and "007: Nightfire" as TransGaming ports, published by Aspyr.
Yeah, they were involved in these. These weren't Cider "ports", though, but mainly some DirectX > OpenGL translation library, if I recall correctly.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#43 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

I think that's actually native (as it's originally an iOS game).

Moved to new section.

Interestingly they show Aspyr's "Spy Hunter" and "007: Nightfire" as TransGaming ports, published by Aspyr
Interesting. I'll update port dev fields.

New section added. First party devs. Tables are mix of developers (Valve, Pange, etc.) and publishers (Paradox, Kalypso, etc.)

Now I need to update Other section. That is going to be tought.

Finally there is all of original data from my 2013 Numbers table.
It took little bit more time than expected :-D

#44 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

Aaaand wer are done! I know I know there must be some games missing. Some of Indie games may not be exactly big games. It is not 100% factually correct (release dates, etc.)
BUT I think we can see big picture clear enough.

Link to Numbers spreadsheet in iCloud.

Posted Image

I wanted to make some conslusions. Here is better idea. Ask IMG daemons :-D

What do you conclude from past 15 years of Mac gaming?

#45 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

My hat is off to you, and everyone who helped compile it.

(Maybe this belongs in a database rather than a spreadsheet? No, I am not volunteering. :-)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#46 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

The nice thing about the Numbers spreadsheet is the cloud access for us slackers who benefit from this work. I don't know of a Mac database that offers this unless maybe FileMaker Pro does but that would be cost prohibitive unless needed for real work that makes money.

I was sad when Bento bit the dust despite its shortcomings. It was very easy to use and was fine for my purposes tracking my games collection and some other stuff. For anyone else who might be interested in a nice database app that is reasonably priced, takes Bento's place now (even imports perfectly from it, templates and all) and is more powerful but still very easy to learn and use Tap Forms is quite nice. It is also available on both OS X and iOS and syncs via iCloud. I really like it although I miss the templates feature of Bento. Aside of that it is a superior app though and the developer is really great about keeping it updated and responding personally if you have any questions, issues or suggestions. Find it on the App Store today!

I'm not associated with the developer of Tap Forms. It's just a really great app that has no peer for a personal or small business database on the Mac as far as I am aware. All that said, I don't know as it would be any good for sharing info. I've never looked into that and I'm in Windows now plus I am too lazy, err busy, to check into that now.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#47 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 15 December 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

(Maybe this belongs in a database rather than a spreadsheet? No, I am not volunteering. :-)

Database would be ideal. I could import this into sqlite3 file or even something better. Thing is it would need nice web frontend. I can code but I am no web developer and I DON'T want to be. Updating 2 years old spreadsheet took more work than expected (damn you Indie games without Wikipedia entry :-))