• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 infiniteral

infiniteral

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

Hi all,

i am running the application "crossover" to run the windows version of steam and UNTURNED (a game) for some modifications i want which don't go with mac.
My steam starts up fine and all works, the game downloads ans so on.
However as soon as i start the game (unturned) the problem starts. All the guy is visible, all the menus work, i can play the game. But wherever i am let it be ignore, there is no text anywhere! I see the space where the text 'should' be but its just empty. I don't even see the loading text anymore :( It all worked fine with my mac steam but i want to play the windows version!

Please help me if you think you might have an idea to solve it.

Thank you

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:48 AM

Check compatibility for references if there are any solutions + their forums: https://www.codeweav...m/compatibility

It's not a given that the game will run.

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:48 AM

Also check the AppDB page off the WineHQ main web page for info about that particular game. It sounds like it may be missing a font you may be able to install with Winetricks. I have not used Crossover personally so i don't know how Winetricks is accessed with it or if it can be but I image it must be available somehow. You may be able to install the needed font if that is the problem. So I would check those resources for more info. Hope that helps.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell