Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 18 November 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Lets get hold of Gordon, and then set up a Kickstarter for the amount he wants payed out to spill the beans. Maybe all he wants is a free IMG Pro account.
Well hell, my mod control panel allows me to hand those out, so let's do it!

Actually, let's tell him it's worth five figures, he can make an account, I'll give him IMG Pro, and then we'll split the proceeds evenly. And by evenly I mean 20% to me, 20% to tBC because he's the Godfather, and then 60% split evenly among the forumers.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostFrost, on 18 November 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Well hell, my mod control panel allows me to hand those out, so let's do it!

Actually, let's tell him it's worth five figures, he can make an account, I'll give him IMG Pro, and then we'll split the proceeds evenly. And by evenly I mean 20% to me, 20% to tBC because he's the Godfather, and then 60% split evenly among the forumers.

I'm going to allow this ::said the judge from Futurama::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:04 AM

I demand 0.001% of the cash pile, for each BOB I have ever killed.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 19 November 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

I demand 0.001% of the cash pile, for each BOB I have ever killed.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 G-News

G-News

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Overwatch is free to play this weekend until the 21. Gave it a try in bootcamp. Unsurprisingly, the game runs smooth on hardware Blizzard considered unworthy of a port. Shame. They could have had my business had they made a Mac version.
Now officially the forum idiot

#26 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostG-News, on 20 November 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Overwatch is free to play this weekend until the 21. Gave it a try in bootcamp. Unsurprisingly, the game runs smooth on hardware Blizzard considered unworthy of a port. Shame. They could have had my business had they made a Mac version.

It's not the hardware, it's Apple's graphics support that is the issue. Hopefully they will reconsider as Metal matures.

#27 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostCougar, on 20 November 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

It's not the hardware, it's Apple's graphics support that is the issue. Hopefully they will reconsider as Metal matures.
This. Even the Macs with Intel iGPUs have relatively capable chips (well, at least until the most recent rMBPs, that is). But you can't lever that power when your APIs are either a completely outdated version of OpenGL or the (in its first iteration) undercooked proprietary Metal.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overwatch, blizzard, platform, console, ars, technica, article