I'm looking for some old Mac titles by Bungie, any chance you could help out?

bungie marathon macintosh games retro os7

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 December 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'll send him an email giving you an introduction.  I'll include your email.  We haven't worked together since the days of Evihcra and Fileball when we transferred all the Marathon files from bungie.org to the Evihcra database via FTP.   There is no guarantee his old address will work, or that he will respond to me in this regard but I don't see why he would ignore me.  I'll PM you when I do.

Tell him that damn kid from a.g.m. who was always screwing with physics models says hi.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

No way, I want this to go well.  The less you are mentioned the better because of that whole... vent core fiasco where you painted yourself green and detonated right in his face.  That left a mark on his forehead and a pretty sizable dent in his helmet.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#43 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 December 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'll send him an email giving you an introduction.  I'll include your email.  We haven't worked together since the days of Evihcra and Fileball when we transferred all the Marathon files from bungie.org to the Evihcra database via FTP.   There is no guarantee his old address will work, or that he will respond to me in this regard but I don't see why he would ignore me.  I'll PM you when I do.

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot.

View PostFrost, on 03 December 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Tell him that damn kid from a.g.m. who was always screwing with physics models says hi.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 December 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

No way, I want this to go well.  The less you are mentioned the better because of that whole... vent core fiasco where you painted yourself green and detonated right in his face.  That left a mark on his forehead and a pretty sizable dent in his helmet.

Oh you two...

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

DeChief, do you remember the Maramag?  It was a fan based magazine centered around the Marathon universe, Frost was one of the editors of that.  

Have you been collecting fan fiction and the like too?  There is a lot of that floating around, at least there was.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 December 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

DeChief, do you remember the Maramag?  It was a fan based magazine centered around the Marathon universe, Frost was one of the editors of that.  

Have you been collecting fan fiction and the like too?  There is a lot of that floating around, at least there was.

Nope, I'm a bit younger than you think I am. I'm not so much collecting everything to do with Marathon and the Bungieverse, just some things.

#46 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:17 AM

Bump.

#47 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Bump, it's time for a collection update.

Things I've acquired lately:

- Marathon 1 Japanese Mac version, sealed. I traded a complete-in-box Japanese Marathon 2 for PC that I found on Yahoo Auctions for a really good price, plus a Japanese copy of the Marathon Scrapbook that I received for free from Attian Corporation when I visited their office to buy some of the other Japanese Marathons (and Abuse) to a French guy who tweeted me out of the blue. The box of this one actually annoys me a fair bit; it's slightly thinner and slightly shorter than the rest of the rectangular boxes, and it doesn't have the cool cut-away part in the middle, it's just flat like a regular box! It doesn't look as nice on my shelf. :P

- Marathon 2 PC German version, complete-in-box. I haven't got this one in my hands yet, but I'm in a back-and-forth with a guy whose blog I found through a long research session one night. He had made a post back in 2011 showcasing the odd version (which includes both the Win95 PC and Mac versions of M2 on one disc, with German terminal text), so I decided to try my luck emailing him. To my surprise, he responded less than an hour later with pleasing news that he still had the game, and that it had been sitting in his closet for years out of direct sunlight.

Richard Rouse III of Paranoid Productions was kind enough to introduce me to Doug Zartman (of Bungie back in the Marathon era) and we've been communicating a bit, albeit very slowly. Naturally he's a busy man, but I wish he would respond to me sooner than 1 month after I email him each time. He hasn't responded yet to my most recent emails (one in mid-March, and one earlier this month), but I'm still hopeful. He mentioned that he had a bunch of Bungie goodies on hand so I'm hoping he's at least got a sealed M2 for Mac and a sealed M1 CD version. Him having the first pre-PowerPC release of Pathways would be a stretch, but Operation: Desert Storm would be even further so...

Finger's crossed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bungie, marathon, macintosh games, retro, os7