I'm looking for some old Mac titles by Bungie, any chance you could help out?

bungie marathon macintosh games retro os7

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:59 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 20 November 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Doug Zartman should be easy to find... HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Heh, Richard Rouse was the one who said he could put me in touch with him, and in my last email I told him that he might not want to help out if he knew how many BoBs I'd killed :P

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

"Never, ever, leave a single BoB alive."  It rings as true now sipping tea in an erudite environment as it did back then slogging through the blood and brains.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostDeChief, on 21 November 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Heh, Richard Rouse was the one who said he could put me in touch with him, and in my last email I told him that he might not want to help out if he knew how many BoBs I'd killed :P

IIRC, Doug was pretty felonious when it came to killing BoBs himself. Which makes him like some kind of spider or some popsnizzle, when you think about it.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#24 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostFrost, on 21 November 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

IIRC, Doug was pretty felonious when it came to killing BoBs himself. Which makes him like some kind of spider or some popsnizzle, when you think about it.

I still haven't got that damn achievement to kill all BoBs in the XBLA Marathon 2 port, maybe he'd be useful to me there :P To think I once thought I would 100% that game... it has perpetually messed up my gamerscore, it always ends in an odd number!

Anyway, thanksgiving week is now upon us, so hopefully I'll be hearing from Seropian soon about Desert Storm. Fingers crossed!

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:01 AM

Is Seropian still doing Wideload Games?  Their server does not respond.  Sort of lost track of them over the years.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 November 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Is Seropian still doing Wideload Games?  Their server does not respond.  Sort of lost track of them over the years.

Wikipedia says Wideload Games was closed by Disney on March 6, 2014.

I still want my Stubbs HD Remastered gimme gimme gimme I'll pay whatever they want.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#27 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Holy cats!  So what are those guys doing these days?  Seropian is getting some time off at Thanksgiving, time off from what: flipping burgers, grooming pets, bagging groceries?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#28 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 November 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Holy cats!  So what are those guys doing these days?  Seropian is getting some time off at Thanksgiving, time off from what: flipping burgers, grooming pets, bagging groceries?

I may be remembering this wrong, but I think Wideload did a game for Disney, and Disney liked their working relationship and the job they did enough to absorb Wideload into Disney Interactive. I guess things didn't turn out well in the end though because Disney shuttered them this year.

Alex left shortly after Wideload sold to Disney and started Industrial Toys. They launched their first game this year, Midnight Star, supposed to be a sci-fi shooter-ish game for iOS. I can't stand trying to play shooters on a touchscreen so I never picked it up, and I haven't kept up with them so I'm not sure how it did. Hopefully did well though.

Doug, last I checked, was at Zynga getting his soul sucked out.

I've no idea what Matt's doing these days, and AFAIK Greg Kirkpatrick is still depriving the universe of great storytelling by teaching instead.

EDIT: Also, Jason Jones is still at Bungie calling the shots on Destiny, and Rob McLees is still there too. Joe Staten left Bungie after being there since the Myth era after the board killed his story for Destiny and rewrote it into a frankenstein plot at the last minute, and is now at Microsoft's games division. Marty O'Donnell also left Bungie after being fired (and now that he won his lawsuit against them and court documents became public, it looks like the Bungie board engaged in some serious douchebaggery toward him) and started an independent new game studio. Last I heard he was trying to rope in some other old Bungie alumni for the new company.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#29 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostFrost, on 23 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

I may be remembering this wrong, but I think Wideload did a game for Disney, and Disney liked their working relationship and the job they did enough to absorb Wideload into Disney Interactive. I guess things didn't turn out well in the end though because Disney shuttered them this year.

Alex left shortly after Wideload sold to Disney and started Industrial Toys. They launched their first game this year, Midnight Star, supposed to be a sci-fi shooter-ish game for iOS. I can't stand trying to play shooters on a touchscreen so I never picked it up, and I haven't kept up with them so I'm not sure how it did. Hopefully did well though.

Doug, last I checked, was at Zynga getting his soul sucked out.

I've no idea what Matt's doing these days, and AFAIK Greg Kirkpatrick is still depriving the universe of great storytelling by teaching instead.

EDIT: Also, Jason Jones is still at Bungie calling the shots on Destiny, and Rob McLees is still there too. Joe Staten left Bungie after being there since the Myth era after the board killed his story for Destiny and rewrote it into a frankenstein plot at the last minute, and is now at Microsoft's games division. Marty O'Donnell also left Bungie after being fired (and now that he won his lawsuit against them and court documents became public, it looks like the Bungie board engaged in some serious douchebaggery toward him) and started an independent new game studio. Last I heard he was trying to rope in some other old Bungie alumni for the new company.

Yep, all of that's true (as far as I know). Although I can't condone how unfair Bungie was to Marty in his termination, he was being a bit of a dickhead. Apparently he was just a nuisance in board meetings after Activision made an executive decision to change the music in Destiny's reveal trailer to a song that Marty hadn't written, because that made Marty feel like his creative rights were being infringed on.

#30 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

That makes me miss my mint Pathways Into Darkness box. Oh man, I really think I threw it away at some point when I was moving into my student dorm. :wall:
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#31 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:49 AM

HERESY!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#32 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

View PostJan, on 24 November 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

That makes me miss my mint Pathways Into Darkness box. Oh man, I really think I threw it away at some point when I was moving into my student dorm. :wall:

IT BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PRE-PPC RELEASE >:|

#33 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:55 AM

Well then, Seropian just messaged me to let me know he couldn't find anything in his chest of Bungie stuff. Sad days... How am I ever supposed to find Desert Storm now?!

#34 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostDeChief, on 28 November 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Well then, Seropian just messaged me to let me know he couldn't find anything in his chest of Bungie stuff. Sad days... How am I ever supposed to find Desert Storm now?!
Just find one of these.

Eric5h5:

#35 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostFrost, on 28 November 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Boy would I love to...

#36 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

Sorry about that.  It can't be your last opportunity to find what you want.  Keep the faith DeChief.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#37 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 29 November 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Sorry about that.  It can't be your last opportunity to find what you want.  Keep the faith DeChief.

Well it was the most solid chance I've had so far, so I doubt I'll get an equally good one for a long time. I guess I should focus my funds on getting some protective acrylic cases for the stuff I have already...

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:10 AM

Oh heck yeah, take care of those bad boys.  You have a real treasure there in the eyes of a lot of Mac gamers, especially old bungie fans like you'd find here.  Try contacting Claude Errera at bungie.org.  Not sure if he can help you, or even if he is still there, but at one time that site used to be the biggest hotbed of bungie fans on the net, I was one of the founders and we ate drank and slept bungie games.  Hopefully he can put you in touch with someone who can help you.  Not trying to chase you out of this place, so don't go flying off into the aether until we can get a shock collar on you to make sure you return.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 30 November 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Oh heck yeah, take care of those bad boys.  You have a real treasure there in the eyes of a lot of Mac gamers, especially old bungie fans like you'd find here.  Try contacting Claude Errera at bungie.org.  Not sure if he can help you, or even if he is still there, but at one time that site used to be the biggest hotbed of bungie fans on the net, I was one of the founders and we ate drank and slept bungie games.  Hopefully he can put you in touch with someone who can help you.  Not trying to chase you out of this place, so don't go flying off into the aether until we can get a shock collar on you to make sure you return.

I tried reaching out to him through the email address on halo.bungie.org about 2 weeks ago maybe, but I haven't heard a single peep back. Do you think there's a way you could prompt a response? No pressure :P

#40 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

I'll send him an email giving you an introduction.  I'll include your email.  We haven't worked together since the days of Evihcra and Fileball when we transferred all the Marathon files from bungie.org to the Evihcra database via FTP.   There is no guarantee his old address will work, or that he will respond to me in this regard but I don't see why he would ignore me.  I'll PM you when I do.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bungie, marathon, macintosh games, retro, os7