I'm looking for some old Mac titles by Bungie, any chance you could help out?

bungie marathon macintosh games retro os7

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

So I'm on this super-insane quest to find and physically own every single pre-Halo Bungie game (not including the Myths, I don't like RTS games that much unfortunately), and I'm reaching the point where I really need to get some help from a big community like the one here.

Here's my collection so far: http://collectedit.c...gie-games-10578

And here's what I need to finish it off:
  • Marathon 1 CD Version (Macintosh)(SEALED in the shrink-wrap)
  • Marathon 2: Durandal (Macintosh)(SEALED in the shrink-wrap)
  • Pathways into Darkness 1st Print (Macintosh)(CIB complete in the box) - the way to tell the difference between the first and second releases is that the first release has this little red monster's face on the bottom right corner of the front of the box (seen here: https://upload.wikim...-93_box_art.png). The second release doesn't have that, as seen in my collection above.
I know this really is a long shot, but I'm hoping that some older members here have this stuff or at least know of a place where I can find them/look for them. I've already contacted a whole host of former Bungie employees and affiliates, including Alex Seropian the co-founder of Bungie. The reason why Operation: Desert Storm isn't up there on the list of games I still need is because Alex is going to be checking his storage trunk for me around thanksgiving time. I'm hoping he finds some/all of the above things too...

I will pay handsomely for any and all of the above items, as well as any interesting Marathon/Bungie memorabilia someone may have, eg. the Marathon symbol keychain, posters, etc. I'm looking for some Japanese versions of Marathon as well but I doubt I'll ever find them, so they aren't really included in my collection goals.

Thanks!

-Chief

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

I'll be right over to your house to take all those off of your hands at the point of an MA-75B.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

DeChief has sealed copies of old bungie games. *heavy breathing*
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'll be right over to your house to take all those off of your hands at the point of an MA-75B.

Good luck, I'm a bit far from Lh'owon! (Tokyo in fact)

View Postmacdude22, on 24 October 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

DeChief has sealed copies of old bungie games. *heavy breathing*

Got any yourself?

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

All of mine are open and used, I made copies and hid the original disks but there is wear on the manuals, stupidly I folded the boxes up, and nothing is shrink wrapped.

You have a great collection, I would love to just stand there look at it.  Just thinking of it makes nostalgia ripples in my mind.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

All of mine are open and used, I made copies and hid the original disks but there is wear on the manuals, stupidly I folded the boxes up, and nothing is shrink wrapped.

You have a great collection, I would love to just stand there look at it.  Just thinking of it makes nostalgia ripples in my mind.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

It is pretty nice to look at, but as each day goes by I get more and more paranoid that the plastic is going to deteriorate on some of them! That's why I bought this snug acrylic case for Super Marathon (with UV protection).

http://imgur.com/a/hTZcb/all

At some point I would like to eventually get cases for all of them.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

Have you thought of keeping them in a nitrogen environment? It's relatively easy to do, nitrogen is much heavier than room air because it is cold and dense.  You can "pour" the freezing nitrogen gas into an open sealed container, such as a glass case, and it will displace the lighter air in the container, leaving only nitrogen gas.  O2, moisture, and light are your biggest long term storage enemies.  Drop in one of those silica gel packets to take the moisture out of your container and never let sunlight or harsh lighting touch them.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

But... How do you cuddle with them at night then, while whispering "my preciiiiouses..."..?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:32 PM

SILENCE profaner!  You are in a high holy Bungie house of drooling cups.  You are not drooling, you are an infidel!  

(Answer:  You go all Spike with his Buffy the vampire killer love bot, you fabricate a copy and make do)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:21 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 25 October 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Have you thought of keeping them in a nitrogen environment? It's relatively easy to do, nitrogen is much heavier than room air because it is cold and dense.  You can "pour" the freezing nitrogen gas into an open sealed container, such as a glass case, and it will displace the lighter air in the container, leaving only nitrogen gas.  O2, moisture, and light are your biggest long term storage enemies.  Drop in one of those silica gel packets to take the moisture out of your container and never let sunlight or harsh lighting touch them.

If only I could get N2 gas in Japan... :P

#11 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

But... How do you cuddle with them at night then, while whispering "my preciiiiouses..."..?

Who ever said plastic boxes weren't cuddly?

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostDeChief, on 26 October 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

Who ever said plastic boxes weren't cuddly?
I was thinking of the nitrogen filled glas chamber... :P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#13 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 26 October 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I was thinking of the nitrogen filled glas chamber... :P

Who says I can't try? :teehee:

#14 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:40 AM

Marathon 2: Durandal was my favorite pre-Halo Bungie game
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#15 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 28 October 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Marathon 2: Durandal was my favorite pre-Halo Bungie game

Marathon has my favourite singleplayer campaign, Marathon 2: Durandal has my favourite multiplayer, and Marathon Infinity has my favourite story. :P

#16 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

Bump.

#17 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Any luck so far DeChief?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#18 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hahaha! Prime Target...

Anyway, nice collection!

#19 DeChief

DeChief

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 14 November 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Any luck so far DeChief?

Unfortunately not... :( Fortunately though, Alex Seropian is visiting his storage trunk around thanksgiving time, and he said he'd look for some stuff for me (namely Operation: Desert Storm and Pathways 1st release). I was also given the opportunity to contact Doug Zartman, but that seems to have fallen flat for now, my contact is busy with work I believe...

View PostDiablofett, on 14 November 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Hahaha! Prime Target...

Anyway, nice collection!

Hehe, thanks!

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

Doug Zartman should be easy to find... HE'S EVERYWHERE!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bungie, marathon, macintosh games, retro, os7