#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Of all the various referrers going to MacGameStore for purchases using the linkshare system... MacGamerHQ has leaped into second place!

It has now beat out isthereanydeal.com ... a serious contender for sharing links and promoting sales (thats ALL they do!).

What does this tell us? It means that MacGamerHQ is growing in speed and becoming a great source for mac gamers! So if you have not checked it out, you should... its a decent site (much more info than IMG is outputting these days lOl!).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3301 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Link for the lazy: http://www.macgamerhq.com/
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

I have the place bookmarked and visit regularly. They do good articles, reviews, rumors coverage, etc. there.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:02 AM

I am not too fond of their design - Way too much white space, and flashy images in the sides. And when they made a "Top 10 free Mac games", and included Starcraft 2, then I stopped watching them.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

You dont like annoying page-take-over overlays that prompt you to give private information? Awwww. ;) I'm given them the benefit of the doubt on that, as maybe it will go away.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Too bad they don't have forums, maybe then you monkey folk would go there let me nap in piece without all your leaping about, fire creating, and anthropoidal shenanigans.  Frak... and all your rocking chairs too.  One of you has to stay near and feed me and let me in and out, but the rest of you...

::burps tuna::

I like all the content but it kept taking over my screen with stuff I had to swat away plus there was a lot of distracting blinking and other tomfoolery.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 24 October 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

You dont like annoying page-take-over overlays that prompt you to give private information? Awwww. ;) I'm given them the benefit of the doubt on that, as maybe it will go away.

I sent in an email asking them to get rid of the overlay prompts to join the mailing list which are highly annoying to someone who has already joined the mailing list and keeps being interrupted by them every visit. Those really do need to go and should not ever have been implemented in the first place. It is not a good thing to annoy one's users. I still put up with them for now anyway.

The site is unmistakably an amateur effort to be sure but I do find some value in stopping by and I know the guy running the show there means well and does put a lot of effort into it. He comes across to me in conversations I've had with him as a genuinely nice guy who wants to do a good job. What he really needs to do is recruit some talented volunteers to help him refine the site and he needs to be much more consistent with updates to various areas. Lastly, rather than becoming defensive and sticking to his guns about bad choices when confronted with constructive criticism, he needs to learn to listen to that and benefit from it. The wise man has many advisors.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#8 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

I completely missed this thread before...

So, who's number 1?? ;)

Cool, I started mentioning MGS a few months ago instead of GamersGate (and took too long, I know, MGS is much better), glad people are following through.

Also, I do forget how critic the internet can be! That said, you are right about the popups, especially when you are already a subscriber. I changed it so this happens less often.
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

Some place in Poland appears to lead the referrals count, and still doing so. lowcygier.pl ? Odd huh?

-Fm [1oM7]