#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

The system requirements are a bit interesting for the Mac.

http://www.macgamest...-Coast-Legends/

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

Blimey, I'd forgotten all about that!
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

I like how it says El Cap or newer on Steam.

It's not a Metal requirement because the 320M doesn't support Metal. Probably just a graphics driver situation.

A lot of negative reviews on Steam...

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

It feels a bit like its a neverwinter nights like game... mixed with baldurs. I wonder how good it is, or if the reviews are all from people expecting something it was never intended to be... and thus not actually reviewing the actual game itself.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

I pulled the trigger on it, and my first impressions are that it is like vanilla NWN.

The ruleset is 5e D&D, which I'm not very familiar with (- my PnP days stopped at 2e). Initial class choices are rogue, warrior, cleric, wizard, paladin, ranger. There's no multi-class option, but you can customise your character through talent choices (i.e your paladin can be a crusader). It's a single protagonist + NPC party. It's too early for me to draw conclusions on the game yet. A few initial observations:

1) There's no player character portrait, just a rendered image of your toon. This may not seem like a big deal, but I like proper portraits for my character.
2) Holy crap it runs like hell on my 2011 iMac. I realise this is at the bottom end of the system requirements (it's a 2.5 GHz i5/6770M/8 Gb system), but it plays like a slideshow with the graphics options turned down low. I guess I've been spoiled by Blizzard developers.
3) My gut instinct is that I'll like the game. I just need a better system to fully appreciate it.

#6 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 20 October 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

It feels a bit like its a neverwinter nights like game... mixed with baldurs. I wonder how good it is, or if the reviews are all from people expecting something it was never intended to be... and thus not actually reviewing the actual game itself.

The ones playing the game and not feeling ripped off that you can't place a dragon with the DM tools seems to enjoy it at least. I await better economy until I find out for myself...
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#7 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

I think it's fair to say the game has an enormous amount of potential at this stage. DM mode looks interesting, but I can't see myself using it.

I can't wait to see what sort of mods are produced for it.