32 replies to this topic

#21 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

YES!  I've become a troll in my own forum!  Emperor Palpatine was right about so many things.  You've been a great audience, thanks for coming out tonight.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#22 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 September 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

YES!  I've become a troll in my own forum!  Emperor Palpatine was right about so many things.  You've been a great audience, thanks for coming out tonight.

BAND!!!
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#23 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 September 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

You won't have completed your transformation until you've electrocuted FM while screaming, "UNLIMITED POWER!"
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#24 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostTetsuya, on 23 September 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

I just downloaded this (on the PC, though a Mac build is also available) and have been playing it the last few days.

It's a great deal of fun, and doesn't feel like an alpha product at all (some of the levels notwithstanding, where they still have blank walls, etc).  It's fast paced and frenetic and fun, and really feels like a deliberate throwback to UT99.

:teehee: HOLY MARY MOTHER Fking............ :luck: thanks to you otherwise i wouldn't be able to know epic game had revived UT, i thought epic games were gonna put this franchise to a long long rest , i was sad while i read the news about that like 5  years ago , i bought all the UT and had lots of good memories with my childhood with this game before everquest 1 :cold:
and even more thrilled that they have the OSX version available simultaneously :P   with the windows version!
  I'm gonna tell all my friends to download it and spread the word :pinkpony:

#25 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

So, I was playing around with the settings, trying to eke out some more frames per second, and changed the display resolution to 800 x 600.

The game reset fine, but freezes and is unresponsive on the main screen where you pick your game mode.

I've started and restarted, restarted my Mac, to no avail.

Does anyone know a work around for this? Or maybe it's just a problem for me.

ETA: I have looked in my Mac's app support library, searching for plist files. No luck.
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#26 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

Ah, I found the answer. On the UT forums. Cmd-tab to go back to the desktop, then cmd-tab to go back to UT, this gives you back mouse control.

Game on!
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#27 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

I forget now but doesn't this use Metal at this point? I'd like to try it again in OS X but last time performance was so bad on my system I had to wonder if anything was going to make it playable really.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#28 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 May 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

I forget now but doesn't this use Metal at this point? I'd like to try it again in OS X but last time performance was so bad on my system I had to wonder if anything was going to make it playable really.
It doesn't seem to do. At least there is nothing mentioned in the recent release notes and the performance on my Mac hasn't improved the slightest bit.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#29 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 10 May 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

It doesn't seem to do. At least there is nothing mentioned in the recent release notes and the performance on my Mac hasn't improved the slightest bit.

Oh, okay. Thanks. I was probably getting mixed up about some discussion earlier about it thinking that. I won't bother for now.

#30 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 10 May 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Oh, okay. Thanks. I was probably getting mixed up about some discussion earlier about it thinking that. I won't bother for now.
Well, you had good reasons to expect this, since the latest release of the Unreal Engine 4 has Metal as default renderer under OS X. But it seems that the current Mac binary release of UT wasn't build with this version yet. In theory, it's possible to build a Metal version of UT yourself, but that does seem a bit complicated to get that to work.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#31 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, I think earlier discussion of that is what caused me to incorrectly assume it would be utilizing Metal. I'd like it to try it when that happens to see what if any difference that makes here.

#32 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Q:Can my computer run Unreal Tournament?

A: Here are the recommended requirements to play Unreal Tournament:
  • Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
  • Dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
  • DirectX 11 compatible GPU
  • 4GB RAM

Epic games is vague in the GPU department. They don't even mention how much vram is needed. Last time I launched Unreal Tournament months back, only some of screen was displayed. Assuming you need more than a gig? This was in 10.9.5 though, and I do have 8 gigs of ram, and a i5 processor with 4 cores.
What is a man?

#33 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostIchigo27, on 22 November 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Epic games is vague in the GPU department. They don't even mention how much vram is needed. Last time I launched Unreal Tournament months back, only some of screen was displayed. Assuming you need more than a gig? This was in 10.9.5 though, and I do have 8 gigs of ram, and a i5 processor with 4 cores.
I have only 1 GB VRAM in my (current) rMBP and got the game to run. Not well under OS X (it's still badly optimised), but it works. (It's much better under Windows.) The Mac version has quite a couple of bugs regarding the fullscreen mode, though. I often have distorted graphics, or that the mouse pointer is limited to only part of the screen, etc.