34 replies to this topic

#21 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

In about an hour and a half, Marc and Graham will be in the group chat over on our Steam Group. Feel free to ping them from there, or use the live chat to organise:

http://steamcommunit...groups/maclinux
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#22 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

Oh, actually ... forgot to ask, but is GRID2 cross-platform-networkable? Haha... I can only run it on my PC, my mac cant play it at all :(

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#23 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 24 September 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Oh, actually ... forgot to ask, but is GRID2 cross-platform-networkable?
Yep!
Posted Image

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 24 September 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Oh, actually ... forgot to ask, but is GRID2 cross-platform-networkable? Haha... I can only run it on my PC, my mac cant play it at all :(

Hey after this why don't you run over and tell the Pope you're not a Catholic?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 September 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Hey after this why don't you run over and tell the Pope you're not a Catholic?

Heheh yeah yeah I know... "Hay mac game studio, I uh ... play games on pc... so like... you guys still rock n all, but, uhhhh ..."

But see, at least I try to buy games as a steam code from somewhere, else, so they get the full benefit of any royalties, because if I bought it direct on steam, then steam does their screwy who plays what and gets what method.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#26 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

I would like to thank the Feral guys for playing for a bit there as they could. Few hours earlier than the planned event, but hay, gotta grab them devs when you can! LOL.

It was interesting playing that game for the first time online against others. Then other random players joined in haha... and it got a bit of a mess near the end ;) (I swear one of those guys just wanted to ram people and not race! ... no not Graham haha).

I'll be around in a bit later for when the others want to play too.

-Fm [1oM7]

#27 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

GG. We should do this again some time.

#28 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 24 September 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

GG. We should do this again some time.
For sure. :thumbsup:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#29 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Well that was a blast.

MichalM is definitely a tough one to beat haha. It seemed to be more of a toss up when we had all those NPC drivers all over the road though... but when we did just us three, no NPCs, then it was MichalM way in the lead all the time ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#30 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

Me being usually the last surprised me little. ;) But, man, those NPCs were rough. I sometimes had the impression they were out for blood...

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#31 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Clearly they are tailgaters from hell, who don't pay attention when you apply brakes for a turn!!!

I think that was the most nerve wracking, is ... it wasn't the guy right in front of you you were trying to overtake... but rather the guy behind you who causes you to wreck because they rammed your bumper.

-Fm [1oM7]

#32 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

I've just watched Mad Max Fury Road. Our racing was very similiar to this movie :-)

Posted Image

#33 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 24 September 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

I think that was the most nerve wracking, is ... it wasn't the guy right in front of you you were trying to overtake... but rather the guy behind you who causes you to wreck because they rammed your bumper.
Yup. I had a few occasions were I think literally every NPC behind me crashed into me within a second or so…

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 24 September 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

I've just watched Mad Max Fury Road. Our racing was very similiar to this movie :-)
I definitely have seen a bunch of cars flying around as spectacularly as in this movie.

#34 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 24 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I would like to thank the Feral guys for playing for a bit there as they could. Few hours earlier than the planned event, but hay, gotta grab them devs when you can! LOL.

It was interesting playing that game for the first time online against others. Then other random players joined in haha... and it got a bit of a mess near the end ;) (I swear one of those guys just wanted to ram people and not race! ... no not Graham haha).
Marc and Graham say GG. o/
Posted Image

#35 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

At a few spots, I would notice a player a few hundred feet ahead, do like a crazy quick turn and start a crash (on a straightaway), but then a second later they would be fine a few dozen feet further than that point, driving normally ahead. I think maybe at times the network code or game engine gets a little 'off' and auto-predicts, and does so in the most weird way. Had I been near those points, I'm sure I would have wrecked too in it, but then the other car would be fine, but I would be rolled over in the ditch haha.

I never intentionally ram anyone. Well, except when we tried that odd derby DLC, which I dont think any of us liked.

But others may be victim to that odd janking behavior too, and think I intentionally caused a wreck. Dunno, I saw some weird shtuff!

-Fm [1oM7]