Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 05 September 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

I was wondering about that one myself... I kind of went 'eh?' because it says its like a retro rehash of an old wolfenstein, and I wasn't sure if it was gonna be any good if its just a rehash.

You get to kill fuggin nazis by the boatload, cripes you're hard to please.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 September 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

I can highly recommend Singularity (Trailer). It ran really well with a wrapper on my Mac even, and I do think it is one of Raven Softwares best games. Great story og very nice shooter mechanics. Visuals were also great back then, running on Unreal Engine 3. It is a bit modern-Wolfensteinish, if you are into that kind of setting/gameplay.

That looks awesome, I remember seeing the trailer with the time grenades and salivated but it never arrived on the Mac.

View PostdevSin, on 05 September 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

You'll want to play Wolfenstein: The New Order.

It's surprisingly well done.

This sir was the only thing on my list when I asked!  Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I've go so many games now it's like I died and went to GameStop.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 September 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

I can highly recommend Singularity (Trailer). It ran really well with a wrapper on my Mac even, and I do think it is one of Raven Softwares best games. Great story og very nice shooter mechanics. Visuals were also great back then, running on Unreal Engine 3. It is a bit modern-Wolfensteinish, if you are into that kind of setting/gameplay.

That is good to hear. I bought that for cheap, cheap ages ago on a sale and haven't touched it. Does it need any special tweaks with Wineskin do you recall or just a defaults setup? I could look it up on WineHQ but thought maybe you might remember.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#24 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 05 September 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

You get to kill fuggin nazis by the boatload, cripes you're hard to please.

Well that sold me. Far more fun doing that than killing oozy gooey messes like zombies or flessh aliens mutant things. Plus I like messin up their clean nice perdy uniforms they so proud of... mess em up with their blood n guts that is.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

NAZI guts = WIN!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 05 September 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

I was wondering about that one myself... I kind of went 'eh?' because it says its like a retro rehash of an old wolfenstein, and I wasn't sure if it was gonna be any good if its just a rehash.

its a fantastic game, just finished it (sadly) great graphics, good story, varied game play. loved it.
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#27 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3803 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 05 September 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

That is good to hear. I bought that for cheap, cheap ages ago on a sale and haven't touched it. Does it need any special tweaks with Wineskin do you recall or just a defaults setup? I could look it up on WineHQ but thought maybe you might remember.
I found it on the other side of the internet *ahrem*, since it wasn't available for the Mac. So I didn't even have to mess with the settings, fortunately. But it is an older Transgaming wrapper, as I can see from the wrapper plist that minimum supported OS is 10.5.8.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#28 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 07 September 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

I found it on the other side of the internet *ahrem*, since it wasn't available for the Mac. So I didn't even have to mess with the settings, fortunately. But it is an older Transgaming wrapper, as I can see from the wrapper plist that minimum supported OS is 10.5.8.

Oh, okay. Well I can use cider from an existing game here if need be but I'll probably check AppDB and give Wineskin a shot first. That's good to know though if I run into trouble. There may be something about cider that makes a difference with this one.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#29 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hey tBC, if you were thinkin about that thar Saints Row the 4th... its on sale right now for just $3.99 ! (ends sep 14, on steamy pile of popsnizzle).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#30 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

Actually the Game of the Century edition is the better deal, since it comes with gobs of DLC, and its $5.99 instead of $3.99. Also hey, if you are not SURE about Saints Row 4, this weekend steam is doing a 'play it for free'... so just launch your steam on windblows, and install that sucker and get playing it till the time runs out (mid sunday usually).

-Fm [1oM7]

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

You can also get pretty much everything Saints Row at the Humble Store at the moment. It's a bit more expensive, but 10% go to a charity of your choice.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#32 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

Right, normally I dont advocate giving your money to the steam checkout, but rather find it elsewhere in steam-code format. That way steam pays the bills of hosting it, without getting any money for the trouble :)

-Fm [1oM7]

#33 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 10 September 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hey tBC, if you were thinkin about that thar Saints Row the 4th... its on sale right now for just $3.99 ! (ends sep 14, on steamy pile of popsnizzle).

I heard that was a bit buggy and should get SR3 for a good experience.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#34 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

I'm going to do the free-play time, see how it fairs to SR3. I played SR3 and it was quite nifty... so hopefully the time they give to play SR4 will be enough to notice if its worse or better, or the same.

-Fm [1oM7]

#35 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 10 September 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

I heard that was a bit buggy and should get SR3 for a good experience.

Some of the complaints were unwarranted, there were a lot of complaints about bugs with people not realizing that was the style of the game, don't want to spoil anything but some of the "glitches" were intentional. (mind you SR3 and SR4 are buggy as frak, DX11 was completely broken for years in SR3)
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#36 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 11 September 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

Some of the complaints were unwarranted, there were a lot of complaints about bugs with people not realizing that was the style of the game, don't want to spoil anything but some of the "glitches" were intentional. (mind you SR3 and SR4 are buggy as frak, DX11 was completely broken for years in SR3)

Weird. I'm trying to think of the bugs I ran into in SR3 just recently when I rampaged through it.

- I think at one time I hit something mid air when clearly (visually) I did not... but I dunno.
- Sky diving is a little janky, but I wouldn't call it bugged out. Its just visually disorienting trying to do a base jump land is all.
- I couldnt bash open newspaper vendor machines with a baseball bat... I had to use my car. Is that a bug?
- Oh! Once during a side mission, I drove into the 'hot zone' the wrong way, and it bugged out the respawner in it, and there was this heaping slew of Morning Star thugs spawning, and due to it, I could never finish that mission without just doing a retry. However due to it, I managed to rack up some achievements due to the massive slaughter than ensued from so many targets ;)

I'm really trying to think of other bugs... and apart from 'thats just how it is', I cant think of any.

I ran it in DX11 mode, and didn't actually see any visual glitches like texture/pixel/graphic bugs. Maybe thats all good now? Due to drivers? Or nvidia vs amd?

-Fm [1oM7]

#37 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 11 September 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

- Oh! Once during a side mission, I drove into the 'hot zone' the wrong way, and it bugged out the respawner in it, and there was this heaping slew of Morning Star thugs spawning, and due to it, I could never finish that mission without just doing a retry. However due to it, I managed to rack up some achievements due to the massive slaughter than ensued from so many targets ;)

mmmmmmmm... KPMmmmmm...  My KPM count is so low in Skyrim it is now a KPH.  That's a why I needs some wholesale slaughter back in my life.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#38 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

I know what you mean, bud, I knowwww what you mean.

Sometimes during those stealthy games, I just go F-IT, and start just killing gaurds and throwing their bodies over railings onto other guards, then killing them too. Honestly, just going around killing everyone in a stealth game, makes the game SOO MUCH EASIER.

-Fm [1oM7]

#39 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 11 September 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Weird. I'm trying to think of the bugs I ran into in SR3 just recently when I rampaged through it.

- I think at one time I hit something mid air when clearly (visually) I did not... but I dunno.
- Sky diving is a little janky, but I wouldn't call it bugged out. Its just visually disorienting trying to do a base jump land is all.
- I couldnt bash open newspaper vendor machines with a baseball bat... I had to use my car. Is that a bug?

I'm really trying to think of other bugs... and apart from 'thats just how it is', I cant think of any.

I ran it in DX11 mode, and didn't actually see any visual glitches like texture/pixel/graphic bugs. Maybe thats all good now? Due to drivers? Or nvidia vs amd?

They mostly resolved the bugs, when SR3 first released (on wandows at least) my person would get stuck in walls. Probably similar to when you hit something mid air lol. There were also real bad AMD issues. DX11 mode would just crash for a long time. By the time the full package dropped they had resolved most of the major issues.

The graphical complaints are mostly for SR4, i.e. dumb people on the internet complained a lot at launch not realizing the all the graphical bugs were purposeful.

#40 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Ok, I was playing some of the SR4 (free weekend), and well ... uh. I have mixed feelings about it. If the entire thing is in this setting of a virtual worldish with all the anomalies and stuff, I don't think my eyes can take it much longer. The flickering of textures, and the zapping of UI elements, and that high flashing bits n pieces is getting on my nerves. I don't consider them bugs, but man, they do bother me. Its really pulling away from the style of SR3 thats for sure. Not sure I like it.

-Fm [1oM7]