#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hey, does anyone here know anyone at Square Enix?

I've been trying to get ahold of someone competent about figuring out my damned 'Frigidman' enix account and why I cannot seem to access it. Whatever email I used for it years ago seems to escape my old feeble brain.

I just need to talk to someone who knows how their system works, cause well, their 'support' line are a bunch of idiots.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

How topical. I really hate Square Enix right now, with their odious Deus Ex preorder scheme. Deus Ex is my second favorite game universe and it was to be the first AAA game I've bought on launch since, well, SimCity (thanks for the refund, Amazon!)

Now I will wait until the Metal-enabled Feral-ported GOTY/Complete Edition/Director's Cut. (Right, Feral? ;) )

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

God, its like talking to a wall with their support crew.

I guess because I've been doing this stuff for over two decades that I think user systems should be clear and easy. Yet their systems is so wack job stupid, that they don't even know "you" when you go to their support site! Its like "what? I dont recognize that email" ... YET I JUST USED IT TO SIGN UP WITH. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF..................

*glare*

And then they respond to my anonymous-ish support ticket of 'you dont match the account you are asking about' ... and I'm like, WELL DUH YOU frakS your support accounts dont seem to MATCH ANYTHING else! Pull your god damned heads out of your ass and fix this popsnizzle!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

I guess I will have to just do like I did with µPlay, and make a bogus junk account just to play their stupid Thief game so it shuts up trying to sign in to an account I cannot seem to get access too.

I mean, really, you guys know "Frigidman" is me. Trying to convince these jokers who I am is worse than filing taxes with the USA gov. I guess on one hand I should be glad they are being the biggest dicks known to man about me trying to recover my account... but man, they are fast losing a future customer here.

I think I will quietly break their publisher account on MGS/WGS so then they have to fight ME to get access back. Hmmm.

-Fm [1oM7]

#6 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3303 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 02 September 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

I guess I will have to just do like I did with µPlay, and make a bogus junk account just to play their stupid Thief game so it shuts up trying to sign in to an account I cannot seem to get access too.

I mean, really, you guys know "Frigidman" is me. Trying to convince these jokers who I am is worse than filing taxes with the USA gov. I guess on one hand I should be glad they are being the biggest dicks known to man about me trying to recover my account... but man, they are fast losing a future customer here.

I think I will quietly break their publisher account on MGS/WGS so then they have to fight ME to get access back. Hmmm.

Wait, Square games require you to have an account with them now??
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

I recently tried to launch "Thief" (their recent remake), and the first thing it does is pop up a "enter username and password" box. Sure it had a 'cancel and quit' option... which seemed to not quit the game, but rather drop down to the main menu... but it looks like a lot of various things were disabled since you were now considered in offline/not signed in mode.

Which is kind of annoying as heck, as Tomb Raider, and Hitman Absolution, just signed in with my Steam ID, and already linked up with friends and had localized leaderboards and challenges and the sort. I don't know what Thief has, as I cannot seem to start the game knowing its gimped unless I sign in... but when I went to register an account it was all "that account already exists"... yet I have no idea what email, as none of the password recovery attempts worked.

Simply amazing how they can make it so difficult. Then I noticed their support has a whole different signup (it wouldnt accept anything prior), and then their forums has a different sign up... then they have some link in with some playstation online service, and thats a different account... and then... HOLY CRAP GUYS.

*frigidman then glares at there being IMG users and MGS users, and they dont match up either*

Yeah yeah I know... but hey im just one guy doing all this over here... they have millions and a team of guys!

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Consider it karma for buying Thief and supporting ruined franchises! ;) :P

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostCougar, on 02 September 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Consider it karma for buying Thief and supporting ruined franchises! ;) :P

Well, I had that original Thief game, and it was just so much junk I couldn't get far in it. Tossed it. Then like, this new version came out which looks like it improved on all the bad things of the super-old-ugly Thief, and it was on some ridiculous dirt cheap few bucks sale, so I said "Why NOT! Maybe it will finally allow me to redeem the original game I bought so long ago." ....

<____<

>____>

I mean, Square Enix made Just Cause 2, and Hitman Absolution, and Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs, and Deus Ex HR, and they were all so much fun and stuff! Hrm.

-Fm [1oM7]

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 02 September 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

I mean, Square Enix made Just Cause 2, and Hitman Absolution, and Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs, and Deus Ex HR, and they were all so much fun and stuff! Hrm.

Many developers. Square Enix just publishes the games. And while Eidos Montreal, the Deus Ex HR studio, made it, it was a different team.

The original Thief is considered one of the best stealth games ever made. Try a HD texture mod to de-uglify it a bit? Also, the third isn't quite as acclaimed as the originals but it's not nearly as dated visually.

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

Oh, right, Eidos made most of those awesome games. I keep forgetting that Eidos != Enix ...

And, I don't know if it was the dated look really, it was the absolutely god awful interface, the terrible dialog, the bad control mechanisms... crappy textures I think was low on my list of dislikes for the game. And yes, I love stealthy games! If I can stealth in a game, I DO! Hahaa... fun stuff sneaking around being a bastard and killing things quietly. I love it when a stealth game lets me just kill indiscriminately without being punished for it.

-Fm [1oM7]

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 September 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

I love it when a stealth game lets me just kill indiscriminately without being punished for it.

Dude, that's just plain sick.  In the head.  Where do people like us go to for help?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 September 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Dude, that's just plain sick.  In your head.  Where do people like us go to for help?

I turn to violent video games of course! Without them, I shudder to think who I may have turned out to be in the real world.

-Fm [1oM7]

#14 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

After getting nowhere with their support, they send me a survey about their support and my experience. Oh man, are they masochistic or what? I let them have it. I'm done being cordial and clean.

Edited by the Battle Cat, 03 September 2015 - 03:19 PM.
Added gangster rap playing in the background.

-Fm [1oM7]

#15 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

There's nothing wrong with a little good clean (stealthy) killing to relax and unwind. It's good for the tormented soul.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#16 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

Good news: Eidos has killed their odious Deus Ex preorder scheme. While they still aren't pulling a CDProjekt and releasing the DLC for free, period, they'll be free for preorders as well as Day 1 buyers. So if the reviews are good, I'll probably take the plunge. Unless I'm too buried in The Witness.