Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

https://support.ubi....30000000enVvCAI

The Settlers 7 will apparently just stop working this coming october. So nice of them to have such a horrible DRM system that they can just give up on a game and reject it from all who bought and enjoy playing it still.

Yet another reason why I absolutely hate Ubipopsnizzle.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2039 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

I don't know anything about the game. So it has an online component or???checks in and check in is going to break?

I should learn to use the googles.

The game is one of the first to introduce a new form of digital rights management for Ubisoft games known as the Online Services Platform. The service requires players to authenticate the game at launch and remain online while playing; if the network connection is lost, then the game will automatically pause. Shortly after release, reports of players experiencing issues connecting to Ubisoft's servers arose,[2]particularly in Australia, which rendered the game unplayable.[3] Reports of the problem seemed to spread worldwide, with a vast number of international players still unable to connect later.[4]

The Settlers 7 is the only Ubisoft PC game to keep the DRM system in place; all other DRM-implemented titles such as Assassin's Creed II, From Dust and Splinter Cell: Convictionhave had their DRM protection officially removed via patches.

So they could totally fix this problem buy just patching out this useless Online Services Platform DRM but instead they are just going to stick it to Mac users.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 25 August 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

So they could totally fix this problem buy just patching out this useless Online Services Platform DRM but instead they are just going to stick it to Mac users.

I've learned much from this, mainly that it's better to be the sticker than the stickee.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

The sad thing is that this was the only Settlers game that ever was released for the Mac.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Yup. Its a slap in the face from ubisoft. They couldnt be bothered to patch it so it can run all by its lonesome without dat interwebz. Another result of big corporations simply looking at the bottom line and not actually doing the right-thing™.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3802 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 25 August 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

The sad thing is that this was the only Settlers game that ever was released for the Mac.
The Settlers 2 was also available for Mac.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#7 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

Frak UbiSoft and the horse they rode in on.

That is all.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 26 August 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

The Settlers 2 was also available for Mac.
Hm… wasn't that back in the pre-OS X era?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3802 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 27 August 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

Hm… wasn't that back in the pre-OS X era?
Mayhaps. Can't remember when I played it. But it is quite old, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is correct.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Ubisoft sucks.

That is all.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#11 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 August 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

Ubisoft sucks.

That is all.

Oddly this is familiar to me, as if from an old dream, but I can't exactly remember...
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostFrost, on 29 August 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

Oddly this is familiar to me, as if from an old dream, but I can't exactly remember...

Isn't it about time you docked the maneuvering pod in the docking bay and started killing every thing that bleeds yellow?  We don't pay you to sit around day dreaming.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostFrost, on 29 August 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

It is probably for the best to forget the nightmares.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell