#1 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

Unstoppable Gorg is now free at the Mac App Store! As in, free-free, not free to play. I just gave it a whirl, and it's pretty funny kitsch and has more strategic content than I thought at first glance. Did I mention it is free? Forever, apparently! Oh, and it is a space-satellite tower defense game. A good 15-minute-break-type game, and doesn't take up too much space. Again, not "fake free" like some of the games on this list: http://www.macgamerh...free-mac-games/

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1512 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

This has actually been free on the MAS for quite a while now. I forget when I picked up. I was surprised to find it there for free given that the Steamplay version on Steam sells for 10 bucks. I just checked Steam to be sure and it's still 10 bucks.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

I immediately recognized the Marathon Trilogy screen shot of the ground floor of the Citadel in Marathon II: the Blood Tides of Lh'owon.  I play that room by running in circles around the enemy letting the Cyborg grenades take everything out.  I even see the door to the secret room with the red and yellow power ups, waiting for me to refresh my health after taking a chest full of grenades.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac app store, free, rts, tower defense