• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

NSFW

I couldnt stop laughing.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

Damn he is annoying. But that was god damn hilarious anyway!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3302 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Can't stand his show, but his clueless gamer skits are awesome
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Came in expecting a chuckle. Left with sore sides. Awesome.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#5 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

Randomly stopped on Conan last night, just in time to catch the Clueless gamer segment. I actually did a couple real life LOL's, which is rare for me.

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

That was fantastic. I always appreciate in-depth reviews that drill down to the truly important features that distinguish a title.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 Nox

Nox

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:Uncle Bender

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

"I'm the King of Milfgaard!"

Nice.

So, by the by, is this coming to the Mac? I probably asked this before, and more than once. But I'm just aching to get my hands on this.
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.11.3

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostNox, on 19 May 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

So, by the by, is this coming to the Mac? I probably asked this before, and more than once. But I'm just aching to get my hands on this.
Well, at least they said early on that it will also come for Mac and Linux. We'll see whether they can pull that off...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 19 May 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well, at least they said early on that it will also come for Mac and Linux. We'll see whether they can pull that off...

As long as Vpld keeps their mitts off it. The Mac port of TW2 is nigh unplayable even on the lowest settings.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#10 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostNox, on 19 May 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

I hope so. This game will be one of those I will require to be played on near max settings when I upgrade my iMac years in the future. I haven't watched as many pre-release videos of a game in years as I've done with TW3.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#11 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 19 May 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

As long as Vpld keeps their mitts off it. The Mac port of TW2 is nigh unplayable even on the lowest settings.

It's going to be pretty bad no matter who ports it. The game's system requirements are very high, and they're really for 1080p, not the higher resolutions in many iMacs. Since a Linux version is announced, I think a Mac version is likely, but one of the reasons they might not do it, though, is for similar reasons for the Rift delay--the sad GPU situation in Macs nowadays. Almost no Mac will be able to run it well, at least at higher than console settings, and especially at iMac-native resolutions. They'll be forced to gimp it like the Metro: LL port. There won't be many of the cool advanced features like hairworks. Hurry up, Vulkan...

Can't stop playing it in Windows on my hackintosh, and it's fantastic. They really nailed the sidequests in this game--so varied and interesting.

#12 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostCougar, on 23 May 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

There won't be many of the cool advanced features like hairworks.
Whether there would be support for Hairworks has little to do with the GPU situation, but more with the driver situation. As long as Nvidia and/or Apple won't provide driver-side support for Hairworks, you could have the fastest GPU available in your Mac, and you still wouldn't get silky hair flowing marvelously in the wind. It's the same with AMD's TressFX.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

When it all boils down to it, does "Game Play" suffer due to the kind of hair animation characters have?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#14 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 24 May 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Whether there would be support for Hairworks has little to do with the GPU situation, but more with the driver situation. As long as Nvidia and/or Apple won't provide driver-side support for Hairworks, you could have the fastest GPU available in your Mac, and you still wouldn't get silky hair flowing marvelously in the wind. It's the same with AMD's TressFX.

Exactly the reason I said, "hurry up, Vulkan," and exactly the reason why I expect I won't be playing Arkham Knight on OS X despite Feral's best efforts.

But maybe nVidia and Apple would be inspired to put higher-end features in its OS X drivers if it had more GPUs that would be able to utilize them.

When it all boils down to it, does "Game Play" suffer due to the kind of hair animation characters have?

Of course not, but the monster design that utilizes it in Witcher 3 is stunning. Also, hair is one of those things in games that has almost always looked terrible.

#15 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

It may look awesome, but if it causes hiccups or slow downs, then I'd be able to live without it (personal opinion). Much like the TresFX Hair in Tomb Raider. When I turned it on, it did look pretty, but the performance hit was amazing. With it off, the hair still flew about, just not every strand and looked fine enough, and the performance increase was that the entire game would be run at full ultra settings (except TresFX) at 60+ fps... soooo... for me, smoother game helps gameplay, vs pretty hair.

Woulda been nice to have my cake and eat it too (mmm lara croft)... but I was ok sacrificing the hair for all else I could do. I'd imagine I'd have to do the same in Witcher 3 (although, who knows, maybe nvidias version of hair is better than amds?).

-Fm [1oM7]

#16 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostCougar, on 27 May 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Exactly the reason I said, "hurry up, Vulkan," …
…which on itself does nothing to add support to closed source, proprietary APIs like HairWorks and TressFX.

#17 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 27 May 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Woulda been nice to have my cake and eat it too (mmm lara croft)... but I was ok sacrificing the hair for all else I could do. I'd imagine I'd have to do the same in Witcher 3 (although, who knows, maybe nvidias version of hair is better than amds?).

The performance hit is pretty substantial with Hairworks, too, and pretty much unplayable if you have an AMD card. In Witcher 3 it's used a lot more than just Gerall's hair--when you're fighting several wolves, plus Geralt, plus your horse, plus your trophy--it can take a toll fast.

Another reason I can't see nVidia bothering to bring it to the Mac until Apple decides to use better graphics cards.  nVidia doesn't even recommend using Hairworks for The Witcher unless you have a 980, and of course Apple doesn't have a card of that level...

View PostJanichsan, on 28 May 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

which on itself does nothing to add support to closed source, proprietary APIs like HairWorks and TressFX.

By itself, no, but it will be necessary for improved performance in order to offset the demanding nature of these features, especially with Apple's GPU lineup.

#18 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Ah, I have a 780. maybe Witcher3 will be my next next gen pc build game (considering my backlog, it may be a couple years out). :D

-Fm [1oM7]