Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

http://www.gog.com/n...ieres_on_gogcom

Huzzah! Now I don't have to go to the basement Centris to get my Trek fix. Though these will be wrapped dos versions so the Mac version down there will still be superior. Still, convenience may trump all here.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#2 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

Yeah I insta-purchased 25th Anniv. and Judgement Rites on my daily GoG drive-by. Didn't know that these were coming. Fun!
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#3 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hopefully Elite Force gets on there, played so much of those with my brother when I was little.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

I hope they also release Bridge Commander. That was a great game. Definitely the best Star Trek ship simulator to date – and virtually impossible to get hold of (legally).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2478 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

I think I still have my copy of Academy. I actually stopped playing that one pretty early, when it got to a training mission that (in my opinion) I couldn't win without some kind of trick. If I did logical, reasonable things I lost without explanation. That kind of went against the whole idea of a school teaching you how to be a good captain. I don't remember the details, just that I eventually looked it up in a walkthrough and felt cheated.

But maybe there was a clue that I overlooked, and that the walkthrough didn't bother mentioning. It was a long time ago..
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#6 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Hehe, I got the e-mail from GoG and literally the first thing I thought of was macdude's "dis gonna be gud" Star Trek thread.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#7 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

View Postipickert55, on 07 May 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Hopefully Elite Force gets on there, played so much of those with my brother when I was little.

I have both of those titles and they both run in Wine very nicely. I used Wineskin to set them up. I forget now but I don't think they needed any tweaks, just a default install. That's not surprising I guess where if I recall correctly they were Quake III engine games.

View PostJanichsan, on 07 May 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I hope they also release Bridge Commander. That was a great game. Definitely the best Star Trek ship simulator to date – and virtually impossible to get hold of.

Yes! My brother used to rave about this game and he was never one much for games but he loves Star Trek and he loved playing this. I think there was a Mac version of that years ago, wasn't there? I don't think he's ever had anything but Macs in his home.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 08 May 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Yes! My brother used to rave about this game and he was never one much for games but he loves Star Trek and he loved playing this. I think there was a Mac version of that years ago, wasn't there? I don't think he's ever had anything but Macs in his home.
Not that I know of. I played a Windows version back then.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 08 May 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

Not that I know of. I played a Windows version back then.

As far as I know, he has never owned a Windows computer. I must be wrong though. I checked Wikipedia and no Mac version was released for this one however there were Mac versions for 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites so it must have been one of those, probably 25th Anniversary.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell