Shadowrun Chronicles ... another game starting with Shadow!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon and mention another game starting with Shadow that popped up.

Shadowrun Chronicles

If you liked the new XCOM, and RPG / Strategy / Tactical planning type turn based games... you may love this one too. It's pretty neat (and steampunky!).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

It looks ok, but wasn't this advertised as the Shadowrun MMO not too long ago. Looks like they curtailed some of that marketing. I remember looking at it after I backed that other single player Shadowrun game (which is real good) and thinking it sounded awful ambitious. Toning that down was probably smart.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 29 April 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

It looks ok, but wasn't this advertised as the Shadowrun MMO not too long ago. Looks like they curtailed some of that marketing. I remember looking at it after I backed that other single player Shadowrun game (which is real good) and thinking it sounded awful ambitious. Toning that down was probably smart.
Yeah, it originally was called "Shadowrun Online".

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 April 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

Yeah, it originally was called "Shadowrun Online".

Online can mean a lot of things. But they definitely billed it as an MMO during the kickstarter and it appears to be more of a coop/lobby experience now. Which is fine with me, I may pick it up at some point as I am less of an MMO person and more of a small team coopy person anyway (like 2 fingers of whisky with tBC murdering bandits kind of coop)
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

Haha, yeah... I've so not the time for MMO's anymore. They just eat up so much of your life just to stay up with whats going on, let alone trying to be an above average player.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 29 April 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Online can mean a lot of things. But they definitely billed it as an MMO during the kickstarter and it appears to be more of a coop/lobby experience now. Which is fine with me, I may pick it up at some point as I am less of an MMO person and more of a small team coopy person anyway (like 2 fingers of whisky with tBC murdering bandits kind of coop)

Macdude is awesome to coop with, he kills everything and it's dog while I pour myself another whiskey and crawl back to the computer.  He is like the Energizer Bunny of thuggery.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat