Batman Save file Steam

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nobodieshero

nobodieshero

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hey guys. Seeing as Arkham Asylum finally got a steam release today I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to transfer my save over from my macgamestore version?

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Oooo... good question!

It didn't transfer automatically? Hmm, if so, it means the steam version is definitely written differently to where it stores its saves. I personally do not have it installed via steam to see, so maybe some other helpful individual here will chime in.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 nobodieshero

nobodieshero

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

I actually don't know if it transfers automatically. When I tried to install on steam the install was still a 0Kb install. So still waiting for them to fix this. It very well could though. Would be nice. I will post when I know more.

#4 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

They might have forgot to unlock the mac version, that can happen sometimes. Try to install in a day or two and see if it shows the proper size for the install (should be around 9GB if I remember correctly).
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#5 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Same issue.

#6 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostTrautman, on 25 April 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

Same issue.

With the transferring save or the 0 KB install?
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#7 nobodieshero

nobodieshero

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

It's working now but no save file transfer anyone got any ideas?

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

Did a different company port this for Mac than who did the PC version? If so, then there may be no such luck in transferring saves. Many times they change how files are written, their format, location, and sometimes content (preferences differ or whatnot), and they cannot simply be used cross-platform.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#9 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 01 May 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Did a different company port this for Mac than who did the PC version? If so, then there may be no such luck in transferring saves. Many times they change how files are written, their format, location, and sometimes content (preferences differ or whatnot), and they cannot simply be used cross-platform.

The Mac steam version is cross platform with the PC version on Steam.

The Mac App Store and DRM version are not compatible, some changes were made to the save game format on Windows (when GFWL was removed) which means the Mac save game formats don't match the older MAS and DRM versions. Due to this happening after the Mac version shipped plus a few features of how the older format worked your save games will not be compatible and you will need to start again if you decide to buy the Steam version. The upside is the same game will sync with the Windows update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batman, Save file, Steam