6 replies to this topic

#1 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

Hi IMG, have you seen our two recent DiRT 3 podcasts on YouTube?

In the audio podcast Edwin and Brad chat about DiRT 3 Complete Edition’s features, including new modes, DLC, and cross-platform online multiplayer:

Then there's the video podcast, which marks the start of our brand new Hints & Tips series. In this episode, Edwin and Tom (from our QA department) show you how to get the fastest lap times not just in DiRT 3 but in racing games in general.

What do you think? We're well and truly open to any feedback you might have.
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Even bad feedback?

;)

I think it was neat. Nice bit about cross-platform MP, which has been a thorn in some other games in the past.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 22 April 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hi IMG, have you seen our two recent DiRT 3 podcasts on YouTube?

In the audio podcast Edwin and Brad chat about DiRT 3 Complete Edition’s features, including new modes, DLC, and cross-platform online multiplayer:

Then there's the video podcast, which marks the start of our brand new Hints & Tips series. In this episode, Edwin and Tom (from our QA department) show you how to get the fastest lap times not just in DiRT 3 but in racing games in general.

What do you think? We're well and truly open to any feedback you might have.

I've been a bad Feral customer. I am behind on my Feral podcasts which I am subscribed to in iTunes but keep forgetting to check on.

Okay, I got the link to the video in another tab now and I do own the game. i am mending my terrible ways and will go watch right now. Thank you.

I'm back...

That was cool. I enjoyed watching that and learned some things. I enjoy racing but am not a pro by any means. Stuff like this is helpful to someone like me and I'm sure others. I subscribed to the YouTube channel and i think I get mailings from Feral which I hope let me know when these appear. I think I did already know about this one and hadn't gotten to it yet.

It's nice of you guys to add value like this and it is appreciated. I will look forward to future editions and I'll probably refer to this one again when playing Dirt 3, GRID, F1, etc.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:58 AM

I hadn't had the time to listen to the podcast, yet, but I liked the video. Really well made and informative. And it explains why Edwin seems to have the top time on every track in Grid 2 on my friend list on Steam... ;)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

I think Edwin has the top time in every track in Grid 2 due to programmer shenanigans.  At least that's what I'd do.  Nice vid, but don't have time for podcasts anymore.  It would make it more fun if everybody used Chinese accents instead of British (which you guys do very well by the way).  And though the video had sort of a car chase, it would be much more palatable if there were boobs and explosions thrown in there too.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 April 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I think Edwin has the top time in every track in Grid 2 due to programmer shenanigans.  At least that's what I'd do.  Nice vid, but don't have time for podcasts anymore.  It would make it more fun if everybody used Chinese accents instead of British (which you guys do very well by the way).  And though the video had sort of a car chase, it would be much more palatable if there were boobs and explosions thrown in there too.

Dont forget guns. Lots of guns.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

Thanks everyone, we really appreciate you answering!

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 23 April 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

I will look forward to future editions and I'll probably refer to this one again when playing Dirt 3, GRID, F1, etc.
Perfect. A lot of the tips Ed and Tom give in the video aren't specific to DiRT 3.

View PostFrigidman™, on 22 April 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Even bad feedback?

;)

Actually, yes! The lap times video is the first in a new Hints & Tips series we're doing, so any suggestions on what we could do to improve future episodes would be awesome. :)
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch