#1 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Dues Ex: Mankind Divided, which is in development at Eidos Montreal (Publisher: Square Enix) has just received its first trailer:

2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Nice! Looking forward to it.

(how do I embed a video directly into a post?)
Simply change the link from "https:…" to "http:…".

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 08 April 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Nice! Looking forward to it.

I'm really looking forward to it and I hope the new consoles gives Eidos Montreal room to stretch their legs when it comes to the maps and environments. DE:HR was one of my favourite games in recent memory and I'm hoping the new one can capture the cinematic feel of HR while retaining the open environments and levels of the original.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro

#4 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

I'm sure our friends at Feral will have seen this and already added it to the requests list :)
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#5 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

The pessimistic side of me says that since this is going to use DX12 and TressFX 3.0 if and when it comes to the Mac one would either have to put up with massively reduced performance or missing features. There's no telling if Apple will adopt Vulkan or even if they do what time frame they will and whether that would line up with this game's release schedule.

Knowing some of those planned features I wouldn't blame anyone for just saying screw it and just play it in Bootcamp or a separate PC Gaming rig. I'm leaning toward the latter here since I don't dual boot.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#6 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I don't understand how this story will work?

Spoiler

Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

GOG: ipickert55 Add me!

Zeus - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS Seirra 10.12.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

View Postipickert55, on 08 April 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

I don't understand how this story will work?

My same sort of question with how the Witchers work. Maybe they will just 'pick one' and thats kind of the one they will move on, and people just have to accept that it was the story choice they should have done, or something.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#8 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

"Actions from Human Revolution will not, apparently, carry over, as none of Human Revolution's four endings is considered canonical"
From here, not sure how accurate it is: http://uk.ign.com/ar...xbox-one-ps4-pc

Another take from Jean-Francois Dugas, Executive Game Director at Eidos-Montréal
http://blog.us.plays...comment-1080609

#9 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Can't wait! Really happy to see that the team looks the same. Love the music in the trailer--Same composer, Michael Mccann. HR was great except for the mediocre final act.

I agree with Sneaky Snake that one of the main reasons HR wasn't as good was the lack of scope to the levels. Hoping with the new consoles that will no longer be the case.

#10 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Very cool-- glad to see this announcement! But I don't think there's much chance the new one will run on my Mac unless I dust off Bootcamp (which would need a new copy of Windows.)

I also wish the trailer had shown some stealth and/or hacking- it was all combat (with blood, not KO's). I expect future trailers will play up other aspects of the game-- not that there's any particular reason to believe they'll abandon the formula.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, played the original game hacking and stealthing around.   The last 3 times I played it, I used the mini wrist crossbow to trank my way through the game, especially during the first chapters because I see the big picture from playing repeatedly.  So I've kind of learned my lesson here and this is how I'm approaching HR in my first play through.  Also it's fun to just kill everybody and their dog, but I'll save that for some Judge Dredd style of justice.  

The HR stealth and hacking has been given a lot of detail compared to the original, though I haven't played since the era it came out.  It would be nice to see if this next iteration is smoothed out from time and experience gained by HR and improves the stealth and hacking mechanics even more.  

This is the kind of game I'm afraid to play because I can become totally absorbed in it.  When I have manual saves and loads I try many different approaches to the same room.  Also I can do the most stupid things in the world for giggles and not have to pay for it with a checkpoint save, I never liked checkpoint saves.  Anyway it's addictive in it's ability to steal all the time out of one's life.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 April 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yeah, played the original game hacking and stealthing around.   The last 3 times I played it, I used the mini wrist crossbow to trank my way through the game, especially at the first chapters because playing I see the big picture from playing repeatedly.  So I've kind of learned my lesson here and this is how I'm approaching HR in my first play through.  Also it's fun to just kill everybody and their dog, but I'll save that for some Judge Dredd style of justice.  

The HR stealth and hacking has been given a lot of detail compared to the original, though I haven't played since the era it came out.  It would be nice to see if this next iteration is smoothed out from time and experience gained by HR and improves the stealth and hacking mechanics even more.  

This is the kind of game I'm afraid to play because I can become totally absorbed in it.  When I have manual saves and loads I try many different approaches to the same room.  Also I can do the most stupid things in the world for giggles and not have to pay for it with a checkpoint save, I never liked checkpoint saves.  Anyway it's addictive in it's ability to steal all the time out of one's life.

I wouldn't be too worried about becoming totally absorbed in the game since it's not a super long game. I did a fairly thorough play through on hard difficulty when I played it and it took me about 25 hours. I didn't try multiple approaches and mess around, but I did take my time exploring and stuff. I would guess the most a playthrough could amount too would be 40 hours unless your reallllly dragging it out.

edit: I don't know what I'm talking about. :cool:

#13 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

I guess I must creep around pretty slowly, I play every side mission I can, and sometimes I identify 2 or 3 ways into a tight spot before I choose which way to go. I hack every machine I see and read every email. Pretty much the only thing I don't do is chase achievements for their own sake.

Bottom line, it takes me a l-o-n-g time to play. A long, happy time.

#14 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 09 April 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I wouldn't be too worried about becoming totally absorbed in the game since it's not a super long game. I did a fairly thorough play through on hard difficulty when I played it and it took me about 25 hours. I didn't try multiple approaches and mess around, but I did take my time exploring and stuff. I would guess the most a playthrough could amount too would be 40 hours unless your reallllly dragging it out.
The Director's Cut took me 50 hours to play through a single time very methodically.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#15 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 10 April 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

The Director's Cut took me 50 hours to play through a single time very methodically.
Yeah, I'm at 40 now so I estimate I'll finish with around the same time as you.

#16 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

Really? How? I clocked in 22hrs on the main game and 4.5hrs on the DLC. Do you mean over multiple play throughs?

http://howlongtobeat...ame.php?id=2489

#17 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostHansi, on 10 April 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Really? How? I clocked in 22hrs on the main game and 4.5hrs on the DLC. Do you mean over multiple play throughs?

http://howlongtobeat...ame.php?id=2489
As I said: one single playthrough, mainly stealthy, and methodically looking in most nooks and crannies.

#18 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Yeah I can easily hit the 40 hr mark when I'm maximizing the completion ratio. Especially when they go and throw 'collectibles' in the damn game. This game luckily didn't have a lot of that kind of nonsense (a bit... like looking in ever bed bunk for a recording of some sort)... but not as bad. And playing fully stealth can add lots of time, as one mistake means re-load!

When I go through a game as the badass... I can get through pretty darn quick, as I just throw rules to the wind and just kill relentlessly and get to the objective. I actually rarely reload a save too in that type of play-through.

DXHR was fun. I liked it, and look forward to this next chapter. (Invisible War was guuuuuuuuuh)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#19 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

I always look at Howlongtobeat just to see what the typical times are and then I multiply by two to get my probable time. Yes, I am that slow.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell