Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

Eek, good thing you corrected me!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#22 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:35 AM

Well that's disappointing to find out about 10/11 breaking Generals. Can anyone confirm if the physical version is also stuffed, as I still have that laying around somewhere.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#23 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:10 AM

I think it might have been mentioned when 10.11 first arrived but I thought the Mac app store version would have been fixed by now?

It's a shame if it isn't getting updates as I planned on getting this at some point to replace the physical version so I don't have to hunt the DVD every time.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#24 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

View Postmattw, on 10 January 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

I think it might have been mentioned when 10.11 first arrived but I thought the Mac app store version would have been fixed by now?

It's a shame if it isn't getting updates as I planned on getting this at some point to replace the physical version so I don't have to hunt the DVD every time.

Since the release isn't even a year old I would think that is not the case. I'm guessing the flaw is in Game Center and Apple needs to fix it. It is just incredibly disappointing that game is already broken less than a year after release. It was just updated Dec 02, 2015 but this crash bug appears to be still present. I see they have a vauge note on the app store page about the crash but are not really clear that it prevents multi-player. Aspyr should definitely be more up front that Multi-player Is Broken On 10.11. I dunno big brass letters THIS RELEASE IS SINGLE PLAYER ONLY or something. All I know is for the first time in years, two nights ago I was genuinely excited to pick up a Mac game and play with Mac gamers and I got shanked in the kidney. Back to the WandowsBoxOne and xBone.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#25 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 10 January 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

Since the release isn't even a year old I would think that is not the case. I'm guessing the flaw is in Game Center and Apple needs to fix it. It is just incredibly disappointing that game is already broken less than a year after release. It was just updated Dec 02, 2015 but this crash bug appears to be still present. I see they have a vauge note on the app store page about the crash but are not really clear that it prevents multi-player. Aspyr should definitely be more up front that Multi-player Is Broken On 10.11. I dunno big brass letters THIS RELEASE IS SINGLE PLAYER ONLY or something. All I know is for the first time in years, two nights ago I was genuinely excited to pick up a Mac game and play with Mac gamers and I got shanked in the kidney. Back to the WandowsBoxOne and xBone.

It's doubly disappointing because the main reason I bought C&C Deluxe off the MAS was because the Windows version seems to be broken with Windows' current networking. The game goes out of sync within 10 minutes no matter what I do or try, meaning the only way to play is for everyone involved to dig out their old PowerPC Macs.

Then along comes Aspyr with the solution to my problems... aaaand now multiplayer is broken on that too for everyone but my fellow anti-Ive UI luddites.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.