Jump to content


Oddworld Stranger's Wrath


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 drabyss78

drabyss78

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Now at the Appstore.   I knew New n Tasty was coming--been meaning to pick up a copy, but had no idea this was. Personally, I think it be worth picking up.

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

View Postdrabyss78, on 12 March 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Now at the Appstore.   I knew New n Tasty was coming--been meaning to pick up a copy, but had no idea this was. Personally, I think it be worth picking up.

Yeah, I saw this today too. One review one star review with zero information about their system on which they complain the game is crashing. I hate how people do that in reviews rather than give the developer a chance to sort the problem and then comment on the outcome instead. Reviews like that are useless.

Anyway, added a note to my games wish list i keep in Things with this game added. I wish Apple would get with the program on the Mac App Store and implement a wish list feature so I don't need to bother keeping notes. Sorry, off topic rant there.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

Actually, I vaguely remember that there was talk about a Mac version when they released the remaster for Windows and the PS3 way back a couple of years ago.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#4 drabyss78

drabyss78

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

I saw that review, too.  I wonder how many people bother to check the system requirements before clicking "download".  I've picked up several things from the App Store, and while not the greatest, it's been mainly a positive experience.

One great Macgamestore feature even for the newcomer is the "can you run it?" it feature, which (I think) scans your machine and lets you know right away if you can run a game or not.   I would think that saves some hassles.

#5 drabyss78

drabyss78

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

Incidentally, I went ahead and took a chance on this yesterday, and it plays great on my system (2.5 GHx Core i5 Mac Mini 10.9.5 Mavericks).  I looked at the App Store poster's reviews and there was something like ten games reviews, all one star.  While I know there have been some problems with the App Store, this seemed a bit odd to me.

Anyhow, the only real problem I have is there is  no real full screen, which means I have to disable the Dock every time I want to play, because of course, I want to play full screen.  This is a minor gripe, and I'm going to nicely ask support to update.

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

View Postdrabyss78, on 14 March 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Incidentally, I went ahead and took a chance on this yesterday, and it plays great on my system (2.5 GHx Core i5 Mac Mini 10.9.5 Mavericks).  I looked at the App Store poster's reviews and there was something like ten games reviews, all one star.  While I know there have been some problems with the App Store, this seemed a bit odd to me.

Anyhow, the only real problem I have is there is  no real full screen, which means I have to disable the Dock every time I want to play, because of course, I want to play full screen.  This is a minor gripe, and I'm going to nicely ask support to update.

Thank you for sharing the good news on that.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

I don't suppose this is the Mac equivalent of the HD remake for Windows?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#8 drabyss78

drabyss78

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Honestly don't know.  It's the first time I've played it.  Doesn't say HD at AppStore though.

#9 Nox

Nox

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:Uncle Bender

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

I'm a little leery of buying games from the AppStore... hope the Mac version will wind up on Steam.
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.11.3

#10 mindnoise

mindnoise

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob
  • Location:Delusive-Ville

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

Why?
If there is any place to get Mac games it's the AppStore. No additional DRM or Client. Updates take a bit longer tp go live, yes but that's about it.
Steam is much more restrictive in comparison.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#11 mindnoise

mindnoise

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob
  • Location:Delusive-Ville

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 16 March 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

I don't suppose this is the Mac equivalent of the HD remake for Windows?

It is the HD remake. Oddworld just confirmed that via facebook
https://www.facebook...800054426698231

"Big thanks to our wonderful Mac fans for getting Stranger's Wrath HD to number 1 in paid games in the US over the weekend.
It's humbling to see how much people still love Stranger's mix of 3rd and 1st person action, even ten years after he made his debut. We think the HD update is a great version to try, if you missed him the first time around."
:)
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#12 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

View Postmindnoise, on 07 April 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

It is the HD remake. Oddworld just confirmed that via facebook
https://www.facebook...800054426698231

"Big thanks to our wonderful Mac fans for getting Stranger's Wrath HD to number 1 in paid games in the US over the weekend.
It's humbling to see how much people still love Stranger's mix of 3rd and 1st person action, even ten years after he made his debut. We think the HD update is a great version to try, if you missed him the first time around."
:)
BEANS! Where's the BEANS button!?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB