Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Feral Action & Adventure Sale

Feral Interactive is on a roll with its next installment of 4 great games at great savings!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

What's LotR: War in the North all about?  (followed the link) That any good for solo campaign?  What game play is it other than action?  RPG elements?  Clickfest fights?  First person sword in hand?  I've been globe hopping in games for decades but I've never been to New Zealand.  Bout time I started slaughtering everything in that fair land.  Orcs are as good a meat puppet as anything else.  Yeah, but no... everything dies.  Breathing annoys me.  If they have switches I'll punch them.  Break into all the houses.  Break all the stuff looking for junk.  I'm an entire Mongol Horde all rolled into one fuzzy little ball of giggles.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

I actually played War in the North. It was pleasent, I enjoyed it. Only two spots were like "omgwtf you kidding me?!" in difficulty, but the rest was a good play. I played as the magical character.

You can choose between three, archer, masher, and magical. Each have their own skill sets and styles of play. Its light RPG, where you grow in strength and pick skills to focus in. But its not super overblown with tons of numbers and trees and min/maxing or the like. Its RPG-lite-n-easy.

It is very much an adventure campaign, and if it does have multi-player, I never looked into it. It was very enjoyable solo.

Just dont read that review by 'Magicotter' ... he has no idea what a fun game is all about ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Bought it you silver tongued bastard.  Wait till they get a load of me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Well I hope you like it... otherwise I will feel pretty sheepish.

-Fm [1oM7]

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

Oh don't worry, I'll let you know for the next 20 years if I don't like it.  Oh Twitter will sing with your ultimate failure.  Oh yes.  No more beans either.  You are on notice.  ;)

And I gotta give a hats off to the MGS servers, it's like they were Duke Nukem Assault Commanders, "Hehe hehe suck it doooown!".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

Oh, so was that YOU who just caused a huge spike in down bandwidth??? ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

My throttled back fiber optic broadband modem is still smoking.  My SSD is walking funny today.  The breaker box on the house is melted shut and the smell of ozone still hangs heavy in the air.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:50 AM

War in the North is supposed to be fantabulous for coop. Let me know if you like it, I might start playing too and join in.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

I remember the days of being able to easily match the schedule of a friend or two and be able to coop or play some multiplayer action. Sadly now my schedule is such zigzag that I don't know when I get time, or can even keep to a set timeframe. I used to be able to get on and do Planetside2 with a small insurgent team of friends, but we all started having real life interrupts, and now we've all been MIA for about 6 months straight :(

Where am I going with this? Well, the game has 3 different characters, and doing 3 player coop may be fun, and its been a really really long time since I last played that game, and it would be interesting to do again. I just wish I was reliable for a timeslot to coop with you guys. It sucks being stuck to only playing when you can gather all the others to continue.

-Fm [1oM7]