Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

And it looks pretty darn good IMO.

And you can play as a dungeons master in real time apparently, very interesting. I'll keep my eye on this one.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

I think it's pretty unlikely that this will come out on Mac.

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Unfortunately yes. :(
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 Zeppin

Zeppin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

The Dragon Age: Origins connection is enough to sell me, though it has been quite some time since I played a Baldur's Gate style RPG.

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostHansi, on 15 February 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

I think it's pretty unlikely that this will come out on Mac.
Nope.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 Vader

Vader

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

This looks awesome. Will be buying for sure.

#7 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

To quote Ludwig Wittgenstein*: 'HELL YES!'

*not a real quote. Past performance is not an indicator of future results. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

I hope this turns out well. I saw some video and it looks great.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#9 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Cautiously optimistic. I just hope the emphasis isn't too much on the multiplayer, which I have zero interest in.

Also, I hope the story isn't another "save the world" kind of plot. I liked DA:O's character writing and many of the side quests but the main plot was a snoozefest. I'm scared Pillars of Eternity spoiled me.

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostCougar, on 10 June 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

Cautiously optimistic. I just hope the emphasis isn't too much on the multiplayer, which I have zero interest in.

Also, I hope the story isn't another "save the world" kind of plot. I liked DA:O's character writing and many of the side quests but the main plot was a snoozefest. I'm scared Pillars of Eternity spoiled me.

I agree completely about the multiplayer, particularly where so often it can be a short lived thing with rare exceptions. It could be fun to try I suppose for me personally but I would want a game that stood tall on its own and that being just a bonus for those who enjoy it.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#11 Gliniolu

Gliniolu

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

In my opinion Dungeon Master+Players online is a niche market. NWN1 has been huge mainly because of the amount of quality user scenario released but just for single player not really for MP. Persistent world MP is in the same boat, just a niche.

Im' welcoming a D&D CRPG, and it's not pillars of eternity that will make SCL look bad. I didn't felt PoE writing really good, quite a failure on characters writing from companions to NPC. And for combats I ended not fully satisfied. I don't regret have buy it and put a good 80H in it, but not finished a full play and I wonder when I will.

SCL looked at cost reduction, even if graphics are quite nice for me, they choose focus a little more on style and simplify a little in direction of cartoon. I'm totally fine with that, I feel bigger CRPG lost too much money in that area. They alos choose implement only a class subset, that's fair to try lower cost and put more into a single player campaign and in the MP management. So it's a buy for me, but more to support the project than because expectation are very high.

EDIT: I think coop is a better bet, and much less a niche market. I'm not interested at all but feel CRPG coop a fair size market, quite smaller than SP CRPG but still significant. I suppose SCL will include this sort of gameplay and that's probably a plus.

#12 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostGliniolu, on 13 June 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

In my opinion Dungeon Master+Players online is a niche market. NWN1 has been huge mainly because of the amount of quality user scenario released but just for single player not really for MP. Persistent world MP is in the same boat, just a niche.

Im' welcoming a D&D CRPG, and it's not pillars of eternity that will make SCL look bad. I didn't felt PoE writing really good, quite a failure on characters writing from companions to NPC.

What I liked about the writing was the world building. They explored some interesting philosophical themes which are usually found in science fiction but brought them to a fantasy setting, which I found very refreshing. My major complaint with the writing was the amnesia angle--overdone, especially when what you are trying to remember is more interesting than what is actually happening presently. A lot of RPGs have this problem for some reason.

I admit that the companions weren't the best--I really liked Durance and the Grieving Mother, which were the two that Chris Avellone wrote, and he just left. Hopefully he finished his writing for the expansion. I hope they bring back more party interaction, ala BG2, for it.