doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi all,

Yet another PS3 controller query from me. Both Van Helsing and Two Worlds 2 are listed on Steam as having partial controller support. I realize, of course, this sometimes means "partial on PCs, but none on Macs." But I was wondering if anyone has uncovered native support for controllers (any controllers) within either of these games.
After much searching and some largely fruitless Steam forum posting, I found out that native support SHOULD be coming out eventually for Van Helsing in a much delayed update. However, I even emailed the Two Worlds developers, wondering what was up, and even they haven't responded.

So, it seems native support doesn't exist for either, at least for the foreseeable future, but I thought I'd ask here too, just in case. Thanks!

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

I have no dang clue about the DualShock 3 on Macs lately as I returned my DS3s to PS3 duty and claimed a DualShock 4 for Mac/PC duty shortly before the PS4 was released. Since you're using Steam, I know if you have the DS4 connected to a Mac with Steam and run big picture mode, it will correctly recognize the controller and it'll work in games that have controller support. Might see if Steam recognizes the DS3 when connected. If the game doesn't have controller support though I doubt there's anything you can do other than mucking about with a utility like ControllerMate again.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

Thanks Frost. Oh, I've certainly used the PS3 Bluetooth in a number of games (from Steam and elsewhere) with great success, although I avoid Big Picture mode, as it seems to slow my mid-2011 iMac down to a crawl. The thing is I have had difficulty working out whether the advertised controller support for these particular two games includes Mac support, and if not now, when/if that might be available. If I cannot get them to work natively, then yes, time to much about with a gamepad utility again.