Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Seems like Aspyr is bringing Quantic Dreams' debut title Fahrenheit to Mac, Linux and Windows. I think this is our 'far out' mystery title a thousand people guessed wrong. Not really an RPG, but a story-driven adventure with horrible QTE thrown in the mix. Hopefully Aspyr will fix some of them for the Remaster, who knows, we might even experience a proper ending this time.

Well played, Blair, no one got it right, but Fahrenheit is a great choice. Cage is a good storyteller, but a flawed game designer. It would be great if the timing of some of the QTE could be adjusted. Looking forward to it. Thanks, Aspyr. :-)

Attached File  image.jpg   65.27K   5 downloads

Pre-order:
http://www.amazon.co...WUCE/812463-20/
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I played the Windows version a couple of years ago with Crossover. It was definitely an interesting game, but the writers apparently completely lost their minds towards the end. The plot started off as very atmospheric mystery thriller, and then took a turn to the completely insane.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostJan, on 24 January 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Seems like Aspyr is bringing Quantic Dreams' debut title Fahrenheit to Mac, Linux and Windows. I think this is our 'far out' mystery title a thousand people guessed wrong. Not really an RPG, but a story-driven adventure with horrible QTE thrown in the mix. Hopefully Aspyr will fix some of them for the Remaster, who knows, we might even experience a proper ending this time.

Well played, Blair, no one got it right, but Fahrenheit is a great choice. Cage is a good storyteller, but a flawed game designer. It would be great if the timing of some of the QTE could be adjusted. Looking forward to it. Thanks, Aspyr. :-)

Attachment image.jpg

Pre-order:
http://www.amazon.co...WUCE/812463-20/

Aww shucks thanks Jan!  We intensely wanted to bring it to Mac/iOS, and we wanted to play around with the textures as well (we repainted more than 3600 of them), but for gameplay you can expect the original uncensored release.  

We didn't mess with the game at all precisely because we are HUGE fans.  For me personally, the beginning of the game is one of the best in video game history.  Those first few scenes pull you in and actually get your heart racing a bit...it was groundbreaking in 2005 and still really impactful even today.  Sure, lots of folks will argue about the second half of the game and Cage's choices in where the design/story went, but we honestly love that part too.  I mean...it kinda goes cult movie crazy...LOVE IT!

#4 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

https://itunes.apple...920482410?mt=12
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is available in JP Mac App Store.

#5 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

I knew Fahrenheit's controls, camera and QTE were horrible, but I really underestimated how bad they were and still are in this Remaster. The game is borderline unplayable! Aspyr's port is flawless and runs like a charm on my MacBook Pro in 1080p. Kudos to them, but they can't fix what's already broken by design. David Cage is the Uwe Boll of video games. I'm playing through a B-movie right now with the worst control scheme you will encounter in a game. It's basically a button mashing and reaction game like Dragon's Lair in an 80's arcade -- and just as bad. Now I know why I never finished this game ten years ago on PS2. My advice: If you want to support Aspyr and MacGameStore, buy it but don't play it! Watch a Let's play on YouTube and enjoy other guys dying over and over again in a crappy reaction button bullpopsnizzle scene. Laugh at them for the masochism and self-torture they are willing to take to experience the insanity at the end of the game. They are idiots, like me. I'll try to keep on "playing" through this interactive mess. I've already fallen into David Cage's trap. :wall:

macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

I always want to like Quantic Dream's stuff but it always plays not quite right......I'll buy this anyway and hope Aspyr does something really cool like ports Defiance to the Mac (do that Aspyr port defiance to the mac)
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

A few more impressions. I have completed around 75% of the game and the QTE seem to become a bit more forgiving towards the end. I'm playing on the MacBook Pro Retina in my signature with a Bluetooth PlayStation 3 controller. If I remember correctly, the game was originally planned as a PS2 first or even exclusive title, but was also released for the Xbox and PC with better textures and slightly higher resolution. Aspyr's done a great job with the Mac port: I've only encountered one bug in 11 hours of gameplay, but no crashes at all. The analog stick setup of the Dualshock 3 controller seems to be the best way to survive the horrid QTE. The staging of the game and especially the soundtrack is awesome, but my biggest gripe are definitely the controls. Sometimes you press exactly the right button or direction on the right analog stick but the game just won't trigger your action. It's infuriating and really affects the immersion and flow of the story. I use to play a lot of Nintendo games like Super Mario 3D World or The Legend of Zelda and the controls in these games are just perfectly balanced and precise. You really feel it on your fingertips when Mario is a bit off the right track. Fahrenheit on the other hand feels like a bad third party game during the Nintendo 64 days when "3D" and analog inputs were still a novelty. I don't want to spoil the story, but be prepared for some cringe worthy dialog and absurd plot twists towards the end. I stand by my statement about David Cage being the Uwe Boll of video games. We're talking about B- or C-movie quality here. Apart from the ridiculous story, dilettantish dubbing (at least in the German version) and the worst controls ever -- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is quite enjoyable. ;)

macOS Sierra