Jump to content


Bioshock Infinite


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ipickert55

ipickert55

    Honorary Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55
  • Location:Monterey, California

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

I finally got around to this one, haven't touched the DLC yet but I just finished the main game, and damn, what a way for a studio to go out...
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

    Master Blaster

  • IMG Writers
  • 2462 posts
  • Location:Holland, PA; US
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

Good stuff.

I gave up on the clash in the clouds add-on pretty quickly. The fights were fun but it was so weird to see Elizabeth a) not saying anything, and b) blindly supporting my character while he fights for money. It was so out of character. I expect I'm in the minority for being so bothered by it though. No reason not to give it a try yourself.

I'm still planning to play the burial at sea at some point.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#3 macdude22

macdude22

    Like, totally awesome.

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Location:Iowa
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Those challenge maps were the worst and I believe they were in response to people complaining that they had paid for a Season Pass and hadn't seen any DLC for months. It didn't fit with the game and felt rushed and contrived. Hell even burial at sea Ep. 1 was not greatman. Ep. 2 really redeemed the season pass but I think they really rushed it because of consumer feedback that was used to being fed a constant stream of garbage DLC from EA and their ilk.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 ipickert55

ipickert55

    Honorary Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55
  • Location:Monterey, California

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 07 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Those challenge maps were the worst and I believe they were in response to people complaining that they had paid for a Season Pass and hadn't seen any DLC for months. It didn't fit with the game and felt rushed and contrived. Hell even burial at sea Ep. 1 was not greatman. Ep. 2 really redeemed the season pass but I think they really rushed it because of consumer feedback that was used to being fed a constant stream of garbage DLC from EA and their ilk.

Im about an hour in Episode 1 and I love it. It's just great to see Rapture again, and it looks so pretty (so does elizabeth :shifty: ).
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17422 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

View Postipickert55, on 07 January 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

It's just great to see Rapture again, and it looks so pretty (so does elizabeth :shifty: ).

Get a grip man!  She's your daughter!  Don't go all Luke Skywalker on me kid.  Here now, I'm cutting you off and driving you home, you're in no shape to drive.  Get into the speeder.

I was having some very serious bugs in this game.  Infinity was great but Burial at Sea had the weirdest bugs that made it difficult at best to move around.  In the middle of a fight if I ran over a corpse I would immediately go into reverse.  If I brushed against the edge of any corner of anything it forced me into a squat.  Again making it a difficult fight.  There were a couple other things like that screwy about the game.  I gave up during episode 1.  Thought I might try it again when I update to the latest OS.  I'm still in Mavericks.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 ipickert55

ipickert55

    Honorary Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55
  • Location:Monterey, California

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 January 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

Get a grip man!  She's your daughter!  Don't go all Luke Skywalker on me kid.  Here now, I'm cutting you off and driving you home, you're in no shape to drive.  Get into the speeder.

I was having some very serious bugs in this game.  Infinity was great but Burial at Sea had the weirdest bugs that made it difficult at best to move around.  In the middle of a fight if I ran over a corpse I would immediately go into reverse.  If I brushed against the edge of any corner of anything it forced me into a squat.  Again making it a difficult fight.  There were a couple other things like that screwy about the game.  I gave up during episode 1.  Thought I might try it again when I update to the latest OS.  I'm still in Mavericks.

Hey man shutup! I am in control! I always drunk better when I'm drive anyway!

I'm on Yosemite, haven't run into any issues like that, but then again I'm not very far in, so ill keep you posted.

Another thing that I'd like to bring up, and this is probably in spoiler territory so...

Spoiler

Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#7 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

    Master Blaster

  • IMG Writers
  • 2462 posts
  • Location:Holland, PA; US
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Regarding your last question in your spoiler section: Elizabeth mentions this in her expository dialog near the end. The pattern, with those archetypes, happens over and over again across the multiverses. So I guess it's not just Booker & Elizabeth's tale that repeats, there are other echos of it.

I only know how Burial at Sea begins, but it seemed to me from that opening that Rapture was a different universe from Columbia (the one we played through) was. I think there's only one P.I. named Booker in a particular universe, and this one happened to be in Rapture.

Quote

it seems like they are both the same setting (Evil dictator, unconventional city location, morally compromising stuff), just different times and places.


Could it be that the game writers wanted to reuse the winning formula of Bioshock 1, and decided to justify the coincidence by going meta? Nah! :-)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17422 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

I did the same thing ipickert55, I went to youtube after Infinite and spent many hours over several days studying the Infinite story videos.  The story is as complex as it is emotionally moving.  Absolutely brilliant piece of art, and it only makes sense in a multiverse.  In my book Infinite still stands as the best story in a game.  Can I give a summary?  No, too many rabbit holes to fall into.  And that is very cool.  That's depth.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 ipickert55

ipickert55

    Honorary Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55
  • Location:Monterey, California

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

Just finished Ep 1 of Burial at Sea, not as mind blowing as the main game, but still a great experience. It was also great to see rapture with modern graphics, gives the place so much life. They also dropped in some stealth mechanics surprisingly.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17422 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

I might need to update to Yosemite soon.  If so I'll give Burial at Sea another shot.  I mean, I played Infinite 3 times in a row I was so impressed with it.  Even if BaS isn't AS good, I'm sure it will still BE good.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

    Master Blaster

  • IMG Writers
  • 2462 posts
  • Location:Holland, PA; US
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 10 January 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Even if BaS isn't AS good, I'm sure it will still BE good.

In the movie industry this is known as "The Phantom Menace Assumption." :-)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#12 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

    Eye Sea Yew

  • Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Location:East mahn, East!
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

I wasn't impressed with Ep1, so much that it finally took me until yesterday to play Ep2. Which I was able to complete in 1 sitting, 1 day, doing all the achieves and corner poking for collectibles as there were. So its not a very LONG DLC.... but I do have to say that Ep2 was better than Ep1. As good as the base game though? Uhhhh... no.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester


#13 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

    Aspyr

  • Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

View Postipickert55, on 06 January 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

I finally got around to this one, haven't touched the DLC yet but I just finished the main game, and damn, what a way for a studio to go out...

I couldnt agree more.  I remember the feeling in the office when we found out (basically the same time as everyone else).  We were stunned.  Similar to the feeling when Ensemble shut down.

#14 fliptwister

fliptwister

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

Trying to run this game on 10.10.2 and it immediately crashes. Anyone else having issues with 10.10.2? I'm using Nvidia web drivers 343.02.02f03. I'm playing original game and downloaded from Steam. I have tried in off-line mode as well.

Thanks for any help!

#15 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

View Postfliptwister, on 22 March 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Trying to run this game on 10.10.2 and it immediately crashes. Anyone else having issues with 10.10.2? I'm using Nvidia web drivers 343.02.02f03. I'm playing original game and downloaded from Steam. I have tried in off-line mode as well.

Thanks for any help!

If you haven't already, I would suggest contacting Aspyr support for the most expedient solution.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#16 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

75% Off ($12.48) on Green Man Gaming
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB