Jump to content


Raising Um Right


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

    Admin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3778 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 25 August 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Watching a C-section is the worst. Good news doc. You got 3 people to deal with, the baby, my wife, and me having just passed out in the OR. :sad:
I grew up in the countryside. Being 4 years old and see your mom stick her entire arm into the rear of a sheep and pull out a lamb really hardens you for life. And skinning (? Wooling?) a sheep and pulling out its intestines also helps quite a lot. Especially when it happens a couple of times each year.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17373 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

How odd, that's just how we handle spammers around here.  Are you saying we could be getting wool, diplomas, and sausage casings from them?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 macdude22

macdude22

    Like, totally awesome.

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Location:Iowa
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

How odd, that's just how we handle spammers around here.  Are you saying we could be getting wool, diplomas, and sausage casings from them?

Lets feast.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17373 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

I should kick one of these lazy bums out and make you a moderator.  It's a great gig.  You get to hurt people and nobody can say nuttin'.  It rivals the great time I had as a guard at the ol' concentration camp back in World W eye eye.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 Frost

Frost

    Secretary of Offense

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Location:Republic of Texas
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

How odd, that's just how we handle spammers around here.  Are you saying we could be getting wool, diplomas, and sausage casings from them?
Of course not, that would be unethical.

<hides proceeds he's been making for years now selling spammer parts on the black market>
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostFrost, on 27 August 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

<hides proceeds he's been making for years now selling spammer parts on the black market>
Oooooh… that's were this stuff is coming from…

Posted Image

That explains a lot.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#27 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17373 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Don't use so much salt Frost.  And a bacon flavor would be a nice touch.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#28 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1508 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 August 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

Damn, I have to start thinking about this from now on. I just had my first child 7 days ago, a beautiful girl. Brave new world!

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

My two girls are the best things to ever happen to me and always will be.

Just one tip for later on. Watch now for sales on Louisville Slugger baseball bats if you don't have a nice big one already. You'll want one to massage while you meet certain young men many years from now, just to make a good impression on them. :)

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

How odd, that's just how we handle spammers around here.  Are you saying we could be getting wool, diplomas, and sausage casings from them?

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! Lovely SPA---- oops! I was just kidding! I was kidding!!!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#29 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

    Admin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3778 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 August 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

My two girls are the best things to ever happen to me and always will be.

Just one tip for later on. Watch now for sales on Louisville Slugger baseball bats if you don't have a nice big one already. You'll want one to massage while you meet certain young men many years from now, just to make a good impression on them. :)
We have had a summer house in our family for generations, which is secluded, and funny enough, named "The Tower", since it was built on a hill where previously a water tower was located. We are planning to tear down the old building now, and build a modern house instead, and I plan for it to live up to its name, and have a real tower where my daughter will live until she turns 30. Still trying to convince the local authorities that water towers back in the days had moats. With crocodiles. And explosive BOBs.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#30 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1508 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 August 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

We have had a summer house in our family for generations, which is secluded, and funny enough, named "The Tower", since it was built on a hill where previously a water tower was located. We are planning to tear down the old building now, and build a modern house instead, and I plan for it to live up to its name, and have a real tower where my daughter will live until she turns 30. Still trying to convince the local authorities that water towers back in the days had moats. With crocodiles. And explosive BOBs.

That sounds like a fine idea, fine!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#31 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17373 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

That's overkill, back in the good ol' days a double barreled shotgun did the trick, it only costs a hundred bucks for the shotgun as opposed to many thousands for a Rapunzel tower.  Plus your daughter is not traumatized by isolation and parasites under a league of hair.  A couple brutal executions is all, and you already know how giggling little girls take to killing' so it's no big whoop for them as opposed to the other option.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#32 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1508 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 29 August 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

That's overkill, back in the good ol' days a double barreled shotgun did the trick, it only costs a hundred bucks for the shotgun as opposed to many thousands for a Rapunzel tower.  Plus your daughter is not traumatized by isolation and parasites under a league of hair.  A couple brutal executions is all, and you already know how giggling little girls take to killing' so it's no big whoop for them as opposed to the other option.

Well, one good thing about the tower though is that dad can sleep in peace without having to get up and kill somebody some nights. It is expensive but a good night's rest is very important.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#33 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

    Admin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3778 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:29 AM

Yeah, his aim is better in day time then.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter