Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 January 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Guh.  I can't seem to make a moderator who can only moderate selected forums.  Seems that one is either a super moderator or can't moderate at all.  I'm thinking the only other way of doing this is that the IMG Editor group will see only the IMG Writers forum, the IMG News forum and the IMG Reviews forum but have super moderator status and would have to log into another account to see everything.  This seems too clunky though.  I'm sure IPB is sophisticated enough to allow a moderator to moderate only specific forums but I don't know the trick.  Any tips on that on an IPB Board?

Im not sure. I thought there was an option on the permissions masks for each forum to be a moderator, but clearly there is no checkbox for that. It is as you said, either you can moderate any forum you have access too, or none.

Having a second login just to moderate a handful of forums seems like a real pain for those who would be doing that. But they would have to chime in on if thats difficult or not (with chrome, and the 'People' menu, its actually very easy to maintain multiple sessions to the same website... its what I do to manage MGS).

I wonder if this 'feature' would exist in the next major rev of IPB. This is running on 3.3.x right now (due to stability with the old pimpbot routines)... but 3.4.x is out. unsure what it has, or what would be involved in upgrading to it.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Once you reach the state where you want to remove the front end then it shouldn't matter what happens to the hooks and the pimpbot routines.  It should be a straight upgrade install, notice I didn't say "simple".  But it will make it much easier by orders of magnitude.

Safari allows one to easily log into any website with any of your multiple accounts with just a click and I don't want to make a new moderator as the 3 we have now is overkill for the job.  They are basically there to be a replacement in case I shuffle off my mortal coil, run down the curtain and join the bleeding choir invisible.  Until the software option is added I'm going to go with my plan stated above.  Super mod with blinders.  

I want the IMG Editor to have complete control over his forums.  If one doesn't have the tools one can't effectively do their job.  All the IMG Writers will have write access to their forums, but the Editor will be their super mod.  This is all set up ready to implement, I just need Rampancy to create an editors account on the forum then PM me, I'll priv the account, and he is set to go.  If future upgrades provide a more elegant solution then I'll convert to it.  Right now I just want something to start happening.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#43 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

My biggest concern on the version jump, is finding a skin that is smooth like this one was. As this skin is not available in the 3.4x flavor :(

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#44 Editor

Editor

Feer Mai Nooz

• IMG Editor
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

I'm sure that whatever you come up with will be nice, you have the artistic eye.  I got the Editor function working now.  He can only see the 3 writers forums but he is a moderator in them.  Yay me.

So I've offered this first to Rampancy.  Long may he edit, but if he refuses the job it is open to any standing member who wants it.  Editor has some good editing tools now.  He can delete or move whatever he want's wherever he wants, he can edit others posts in those 3 forums and he has the last say as to what appears in the News and Reviews forums.  I only ask that the Editor not moderate replies to any of the News and Reviews nor try to discipline anyone.  That job is for the no-necks in the Moderators group.  We got your back covered.

The Editor needs a profile pic, something that is anonymous because there is only one Editor account and when one guy steps down, the next guy gets it.  Needs a nice newsy lMG look.

#45 Editor

Editor

Feer Mai Nooz

• IMG Editor
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

I picked James Jameson the news editor from Spiderman.  That guy had a set of pipes on him, he could chew out a guy in Mailing through the floor of the john in his office.

#46 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#47 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

I don't have time to review anything currently, but my thanks to everyone who does!

#48 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Any time you feel you want to step up Nagromme, let me know and I'll give you the privs.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#49 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Just a note:

I won't be parsing all the reviews, previews, features from the IMG pages into forum topics. They are all fairly old, and there isn't much discussion to be had on them now. Also since I have turned the old site into its own 'archives', there is no need to preserve the articles doubled to the forum.

-Fm [1oM7]

#50 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Most logical Captain.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#51 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

Okay, let's put this sucker to a test: I've just posted my Elite preview. Editor: do your editing!

I might swap some of the screenshots, though. The limit of three pictures per post still applies for writers?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#52 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

I suggest we bump up the images allowed for writers.

-Fm [1oM7]

#53 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

I agree.  Can't find the field to edit though.  It's somewhere.  It's out there.  It's taunting me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#54 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

LOL, I was hoping you knew were it was because I couldn't find it ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#55 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

WHY YOU LITTLE...!!

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 24 February 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Okay, let's put this sucker to a test: I've just posted my Elite preview. Editor: do your editing!

I might swap some of the screenshots, though. The limit of three pictures per post still applies for writers?

Send a PM to Sneaky Snake aka: Editor.  Tell him you have something in the news queue for him.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat