1 reply to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:27 AM

Mac Gamer HQ has kicked off a new video series focusing on the gaming potential of the MacBook Air. The debut video shows how well the slim portable computer handles Feral Interactive's Grid 2 racing sim.

As always, the video is Gameplay only (no commentary), except that instead of using my default Mac Pro, I used my 13-inch, Mid 2013 MacBook Air. I recorded the first video of the series last night while playing Feral Interactive‘s Grid 2.

Obviously, the official Grid 2 Mac Gameplay Video looks better and gives you a better idea of how good the game can look on Mac OS X. But with this video, I don’t want to show off the best possible graphics, but show you how well a tiny MacBook Air can handle a demanding game.

Check out the full video and article explanation at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

I was very impressed how my MacBook Pro ran Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  With the SSD it started the game as fast as my Mac Pro starts Safari.  The first time I ran it I thought it had crashed during startup and splatted the main menu onto the screen as part of the chaos of crashing.  But it was the game, ready to play.  The retina screen gave me the clearest and sharpest looking game I've seen.  It played well too without a bit of stuttering.

I'm not surprised that the MacBook Air impressed Mac Gamer HQ.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat