12 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

Beamdog recently launched Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons adventure based in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

The Enhanced Edition features new kits and character classes, dozens of new items and spells, and restored quest material cut from the original game. The redesigned user interface features Zoom capabilities and a Quickloot Bar, among numerous other improvements. Up to six players can simultaneously adventure in Icewind Dale with the new cross-platform multiplayer mode.

Evil is growing beneath the Spine of the World.

In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale. Journey deep into the Spine of the World mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory settled by only the hardiest folk. Beneath the carven glaciers and mountainsides, you must confront an evil that schemes to wreak destruction upon the face of Faerūn. This is the world of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms. This Enhanced Edition allows players to experience the epic adventure on PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and phones, and includes a host of new features:
  • Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
  • Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from over 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
  • Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
  • See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
  • More to Experience: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs.

The company also recently revealed two new cleric kits for the game: Priest of Tempus and Priest of Tyr. A recent humorous video series, Rules for Avoiding a Horrible Death in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, is available from The Escapist. An interview from RPGWatch offers a variety of other details about the soon to be released game. And, finally, Beamdog has released a Feature Guide PDF to tease some of the game's features.

From RPGWatch:

RPGWatch: Did you make changes and/or add surprises to the game that would require making new walkthroughs?

Pete: Definitely. UB provides a completely new quest in Lower Dorn's Deep, the Voice of Durdel Anatha. It also allows for different resolutions or twists to existing quests. For example, you can challenge Presio to a one-on-one duel, or find a way to turn Malavon's golems against him.

RPGWatch: How are the BG2 spells going to be integrated? Will all mages in the game have access to these additional spells?

Alex: All BG2 spell scrolls were meticulously hand-placed after careful balance considerations. Some are available in stores, others were added to certain areas, and yet others were given to specific opponents. We wanted to ensure that players get the spells that are appropriate for their level, but at the same time, we didn't want to shift the game balance too drastically in the party's favor. In addition, a few powerful enemy spellcasters have been given access to certain BG2 spells, mostly of the anti-magic kind.

RPGWatch: Will there be any new spells, items, or monsters never seen before in any EE game?

Pete: We discovered a couple of spell ideas in the original design docs that we've implemented, both arcane and divine. Icewind Dale also featured a lot of reversible divine magic (e.g. Heal/Harm) and we've given the same treatment to some of the imported BG2 spells. In addition to some item restorations, we've also added some new items throughout the game to help accommodate the new classes and the BGIIEE weapon proficiency system.

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition costs $19.99.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:40 AM

Gimme, gimme, gimme!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

Truly a frabjous day. Wonderful game and an instant purchase when it hits the App Store.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3821 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Does anyone know when this is available on the Mac app store?

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

It has been submitted to Apple and now has to wait for approval. Hopefully soon!

#6 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Funny story: Apparently, there are boobs in the Icewind Dale Heart of Winter intro movie. Apple has rejected IWD:EE for the App Store because of this.

Link: https://twitter.com/...649555278327808

I leave the jokes to you talented lot. :)

#7 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostKilvain, on 01 November 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Funny story: Apparently, there are boobs in the Icewind Dale Heart of Winter intro movie. Apple has rejected IWD:EE for the App Store because of this.

And yet, the violence is fine...oh, America, how silly you are.

Hopefully they can just change the rating rather than censor the movie.

#8 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostKilvain, on 01 November 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Wait what? The Witcher 2 is on the App Store! You could put a Brazzers logo in every cutscene of that game and no one would bat an eyelash!
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#9 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

I'm not

View Postipickert55, on 01 November 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Wait what? The Witcher 2 is on the App Store! You could put a Brazzers logo in every cutscene of that game and no one would bat an eyelash!

I'm not ashamed to say I would watch this ain't the witcher XXX
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

View Postipickert55, on 01 November 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

It has "frequent/intense sexual content or nudity" listed, I'm guessing Icewind Dale didn't.

#11 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

Impatience got the better of me and I bought the GoG version.

Be aware that's there currently a (recognised) bug that results in no in-game music being played. It's  being investigated.

Here's the IWD:EE forum link discussing the problem:
http://forum.baldurs...he-music#latest

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3821 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

Pretty huge bug! :P

#13 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Unfortunate, to say the least.