• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hpymacguy

hpymacguy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi everyone.
I came across this new Space 4x game in development that I thought you might be interested in reading about. They are being developed by an independently owned, small indie studio in Poland. Their stated goal is to build a worthy successor to Master of Orion II. The game will be release in about a dozen languages. They already have over 4,000 pre-orders. From what I've seen so far in their update videos the game is coming along wonderfully. Looks great! The game is scheduled to hit playable alpha in January with the final game shipping/downloading in December 2015. Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

http://www.morethegame.com/

As of this writing only 12 days left in their 2nd Kickstarter drive. The 2nd Kickstarter campaign is to add more advanced modules/effects. The game is already funded and will happen. The 2nd Kickstarter is to make it better. If you want to check out their update videos to decide if this game interests you go here:

https://www.kickstar...84/more-of-more

The effort is ambitious. 3D or 2D galaxy map--your choice. 20 unique playable races. Up to 3,000 star systems. My fears about information overload have gone away because from what I'm seen in the update videos the user interface is so focused and polished that this won't be a problem. The races are not "humans in alien costumes". They are truly unique with their own User Interface, looks, methods of communication like aliens that are made of pure energy and live on the surface of stars. Aliens that can shape shift. Aliens that are enormous and live in deep space. And then more of the conventional cyborg, pure machine, a cute harmless looking species that is really quite dangerous, aliens that live on gas giant atmosphere, and the humanoids, and the insectoid, hive minded folk.

The game will be released for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. I think this will be the biggest Space 4x title to hit Mac OS in a long time--certainly since MoO2. If you miss MoO2 and cannot play it on modern Mac then this game will definitely interest you.

Please let me know what you think. I'm so excited about this that I'd love to discuss it with other Mac Space 4x strategy fans.

Greg