Pre-Sequel tips, questions, and bug reports.

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have a tip:  Buttslam a lot.

I have a question:  What is this personal item I found called a "System Log".  I can't activate it.  Is it just an item to pick up and sell?  I'll get a clam for it, or a hundred dollars, whichever comes first.

I have a bug report: When Command Tabbing to the finder from the game, the finder starts to fail.  The more I try the worse it gets.  It starts with the screen freezing with the view I had in the game when hitting command tab.  The finder windows are covered by it.  I'm able to see the top menu bar and the dock, though trying to start an app results it it locking up.  Eventually everything will lock up and I'll have to force quit apps and power down the CPU.  I really really need to command tab, I like to look up weapons and especially red text weapons of which I have several.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

I dropped it and picked it up again and then there was a little audio clip between Jack and HerpTrap. Then I sold it.

I have never Tabbed out of the game. I usually use steam in game browser (Shift tab) to look up anything on the web).
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

Never heard of it but it looks like I'm forced to do that.  It's a shame that command tab was implemented yet left nonfunctional.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Hey, anyone know of a Pre-Sequel wiki?  The site I was using for BL1 and BL2 was this one:  http://borderlands.w...lands_Wiki  but they don't have any Pre-Sequel stuff that I tried to look up.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 15 October 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hey, anyone know of a Pre-Sequel wiki?  The site I was using for BL1 and BL2 was this one:  http://borderlands.w...lands_Wiki  but they don't have any Pre-Sequel stuff that I tried to look up.
You could also try the IGN wiki, but that's still pretty sparse on content, too. I guess it just takes a few days until people post the new stuff.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

Maybe the battle cat should make his own wiki. With hookers, and blackjack......You know what forget the wiki.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Forgotten.  Besides you lost me at "should".  We cats live by our own set of rules.  However, fortunately hookers and blackjack conforms to our rules but only with a stout adult beverage in hand.

I'm sorry to bother you again, but could you please open the door for me?

[edit tBC] LET ME BACK IN!!  LET ME BACK IN!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

I have another question.  Or a bug report, not sure which yet.  I'm on the main mission to kill the Darksiders, collect their prisms, and turn off the jamming device.  I am told by my heads up system that I am required to take the jump pad up to the next floor.  It is not working for me.  No matter if I run and do a perfectly timed jump and re-jump I can only just barely make it to the well of the broken elevator where it would contact the floor if it were down.  I have lost my moon gravity jump inside the Darksider building.  In addition I can't get high enough of a jump inside the building to do a butt slam unless I jump off any of the steps in the building.  I take one step back out into the semi vacuum and I can moon jump again.  OK, I'm thinking, I'll just find a way to cycle the atmosphere off,  Looked for several hours over the last two days for a switch to throw or shoot, I tried to break up some windows with small arms and grenades.  There are no wires coming off of it that would lead me to a remote switch.  There also is nothing I can find to activate the jump jet although it already looks like it is functioning.  I've tried to jump up onto the building like I did in Concordia, I can't get up because invisible barriers stop me from making what should be a makable jump.

I give up.  Give me a hint on what I need to do.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

You may recall the voice over from the Claptrap that sent you there told you how to overcharge jump pad.  Shoot the box next to the jump pad.

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

::The Battle Cat pins AspyrRyan's arms to the bulkhead with his dagger sized claws and gives him a great big wet kiss that smells like carrion and monkey folk::

Funny thing about this mission, I stumbled onto it while I had a different mission active so I thought it was me, my Fragtrap, saying some random smack talk but I guess that was the mission claptrap talking.  I killed a couple of Darksiders and then went on with my active mission.  By the time I noticed the tough looking claptrap in the comm link he was only telling me I could never join the club at this rate etc.  The rest is mostly moonstone farming while I waited to see what was going on.  And good moonstone farming it is.  I have upgraded my pack four times and my ammo once.  I'm halfway to upgrading all my ammo again.  I guess the abundance of it is to help pay for half hour boons etc.

And don't worry about your arms being skewered to the wall, I just killed a level 45 Elven Priest and you should be healed by that saintly blood by the time you finish reading this.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostAspyrRyan, on 16 October 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

You may recall the voice over from the Claptrap that sent you there told you how to overcharge jump pad.  Shoot the box next to the jump pad.

Are there suggested graphics settings. I seem to get some jittery lag that I'm not sure what the deal is. I seem to recall OS X being especially terrible with shadows? I turned down the texture settings and draw distance but it didn't seem to help, 2GB GTX680 at 1680x1050 shouldn't be running out of texture memory anyway.

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

I have given up on the Fragtrap build.  It seems most of the skills hurt me as much as help me.  I like random stuff happening but this is too spastic for me.  I loved being Fragtrap though, wish it had a better skill tree.  I started Wilhelm last night.  I got his action skill activated and it is perfect for my needs.  Now it's their turn for THEM to hate surveyor bots.

Also I'm having trouble with golden keys.  I have five keys when I look at the shift page in the Extras menu, but when I go to the chest in Concordia it says I don't have any.  That sucks.  Is there something special I need to do to activate my keys?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Explain to me again please how an atmosphere negates the lower gravity of the moon when jumping.  I must have missed that day in science class.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#14 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 October 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Explain to me again please how an atmosphere negates the lower gravity of the moon when jumping.  I must have missed that day in science class.
Um... space magic?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#15 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 October 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Fairy dust needs to reach a certain concentration in order to work its space magic. So by containing it, you get an effect. Quite simple, and also the reason that Peter Pan drops from the sky when the concentration of fairy dust on his cloth reaches a certain low level. Disney made a good documentary on it in 1953. Didn't they teach you about mythology in school?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#16 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

Wow, you guys were really close even though you were joking, I did a little data mining and found out it is because of space pixies.  Though born in the vacuum of space they prefer to hang out in atmosphere, they are invisible and non-tactile, yet they retain their mass.  Because there is so little atmosphere on the moon all the space pixies in the vicinity just pack themselves into an atmosphere bubble like college students in a phone booth.  The mass of countless billions of space pixies creates a gravity well inside the atmosphere.  Stepping out in the vacuum just a few feet away allows you to jump normally because pixie gravity wells also prefer to hang out inside atmosphere bubbles.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#17 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 20 October 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Because there is so little atmosphere on the moon all the space pixies in the vicinity just pack themselves into an atmosphere bubble like college students in a phone booth.

Is that like a photo booth or something?

#18 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

View Postchoiceweb0pen0, on 20 October 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Is that like a photo booth or something?
There's gravity outside of most telephone booths, duh.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#19 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

OK, who the hell is stealing moonstones?  I had 46 moonstones, about enough to buy another round of ammo upgrades.  I picked up a moonstone and the heads up said I had 9 moonstones.  Now there were Rat Thieves in BL2 who took money, what class of enemy steals moonstones??  I want to make sure I kill them first.  A man works hard for his moonstones and it just doesn't sit well to have moon vagrants rifling his pockets.  The moon used to be such a nice place to visit.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#20 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Did you accidentally open a moonstone chest? I did that and it ate 40 moonstones. It needs a damned warning before it does that. OH a neat looking chest. NOOOOOOO MIEN MOONSTONES.