Config Driver Xbox Xbox360 Tattle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 His_Honor

His_Honor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

I've downloaded xbox 360 controller drivers from a few different sources, pretty sure they're all the same driver. Not important, the issue I'm having is finding the actual configuration and program itself on my mac. I've searched through every file on my computer but cannot find the program that allows me to set up the controller, I.E. map the controls etc.

I have the Dolphin emulator for GC which has a gamepads tab but when I try to map my controls it keeps the same controls which are keyboard commands. I would say F* it and just play with my keyboard but upon loading up the illustrious DBZ Budokai 2 and hitting my return key, the "a" key and a combination of every other control nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. In case it doesn't show, I'm a complete newbie to emulating.

Thanks chaps.

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

The drivers are most likely HID drivers which leave it up to the application to implement controller configuration. Does it show up in the emulator?

Have you tried searching through their forum? https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/

#3 His_Honor

His_Honor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostHansi, on 11 September 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

The drivers are most likely HID drivers which leave it up to the application to implement controller configuration. Does it show up in the emulator?

Have you tried searching through their forum? https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/

Just searched the forums and I wasn't able to find any Mac specific issues that didn't say the pluggins should automatically be there. So I followed your advice about HID drivers. That is an option in the dolphin gamepad set up but it still wasn't registering the input from the controller. I tried the other options on the drop down menu but same story.

#4 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Just a little advice here:

1) If you have a third party x360 controller it may not be supported by the drivers and may need to added to the drivers profile if it isn't in there. I don't have links on that subject handy, sorry.  

2) I'd only advise downloading drivers from their official web site and I could be wrong about this but they are mostly only necessary if you have a wireless x360 gamepad.

3) Download joystick and gamepad tester which should allow you to test if your gamepad is working with your OS at all:  http://alphaomega.so...pad Tester.html

I've used a wireless x360 controller in particular with dolphin (for gamecube and certain wii games that are best played with a controller I use a real wii remote for the rest) just fine here.

Also, yeah.. the official dolphin forums seem to be more Windows PC focused from what I could tell.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#5 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

I use two wired original X360 controllers and had no problems any game yet. But I don't have the Dolphin emu, also.
as Smoke_Tetsu sys, the site to get the drivers from is this:
http://tattiebogle.n...oller/OsxDriver

but it can be that version v.11 works better than v.12, you have to try.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#6 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Quick update from me and that is: I'm retesting Dolphin now and I was able to configure my x360 wireless pad just fine in Dolphin with the drivers from tattiebogle's site. IIRC I'm even using the latest (v.12).

As an aside.. performance in Mario Galaxy is still dreadful. That popsnizzle certainly needs greater than 4Ghz to be full speed... even with all the famous performance optimizations that have been done to Dolphin lately. :bleedingeyes:

One thing wrong with it is it seems that perhaps lens flares are being rendered via a slow path like the old lens flare bug that had been plaguing quite a few native & wrapped Mac games back in the day. Whenever the sun would be in front of the camera.. It'd be hella slow.. but not when facing away so much.

Mostly for me Dolphin is most useful for other games such as Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7