The Enhanced Edition will feature new kits and character classes, dozens of new items and spells, and restored quest material cut from the original game. The redesigned user interface features Zoom capabilities and a Quickloot Bar, among numerous other improvements. Up to six players will be able to simultaneously adventure in Icewind Dale with the new cross-platform multiplayer mode.
In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale. Journey deep into the Spine of the World mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory settled by only the hardiest folk. Beneath the carven glaciers and mountainsides, you must confront an evil that schemes to wreak destruction upon the face of Faerūn. This is the world of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms. This Enhanced Edition allows players to experience the epic adventure on PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and phones, and includes a host of new features:
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from over 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs.
Q: When will Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition release?
A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, likely within a month.
Q: What specific enhancements does Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition offer over the original game?
A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition features the following enhancements:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new "Story Mode" difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
- Storage: 2 GB of hard drive space
A: With Steamplay, when you buy the game on Steam you can install it on Mac or Windows.
Buying from the iTunes App Store allows you to install and play the game on any of your iOS devices that meet the requirements, including iPad and iPhone devices.
Buying from Google Play allows you to install and play the game on any of your Android devices that meet the requirements.
Buying from Beamdog directly allows you to install and play the game on any Windows or Mac machine you own, provided that it meets the system requirements.
Q: Does the game come with DRM?
A: No, the game does not use any internal form of DRM. Beamdog requires a one-time activation during installation, but after that you can play the game offline or even transfer it to another computer you own for easy back-up. Steam, iTunes, and Google Play may have other requirements from the retailer.
Q: Can I import a Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition character?
A: No, you'll need to create a new character for your game in Icewind Dale. We have provided a collection of six custom-built pre-generated characters for your party to start, which you can either use or replace with your own creations.
Q: Is there any DLC for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition?
A: There are no additional in-app purchases required to access all of the content in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Play the entire game with all its features, no matter what platform you're playing it on.
Q: What languages is Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition available in?
A: At launch, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will have support for English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Q: What do I get for pre-ordering?
A: In addition to an exclusive forum badge, you will be eligible for a chance to be selected to participate in the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition beta. Once you have pre-ordered the game from Beamdog, fill out this form to enter the selection pool.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is currently in beta testing and will be released "when it's ready," which the developers hope will be within a month. It will be available for Mac, Windows, iPad, and Android tablets and phones. It will retail for $19.99 on desktop and is available for pre-order now.