Patrician IV (Runesoft) poor performance

crashRunesoft Patrician IV poor performance crash freeze disappointment Weltschmerz did I say how bad it is yet?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 frunobulax

frunobulax

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

I bought Runesoft's Patrician IV via Deliver2Mac a few days ago and I am having many technical and game play issues.

I have lost count of the number of crashes to desktop that have happened, the game often freezes (requiring a force quit), many buttons take repeated clicks to work (e.g. changing game speed), at certain times the sea (on the main 'nautical' map) goes black. There are also several non-functioning game play issues - many buttons have no rollover text to explain what they do (and there's little or no explanation in the manual), the graphics look no where near as good as videos of the PC-version of the game I've seen online.

One major issue is that the trade route editor simply does not work at all so I cannot set up trade routes: if I drag a goods item to the 'trade by specification' box there are no options appearing next to this to edit these specifics, or if use the 'automatically trade' option an add a trade good then select another city on my trade route the previous city loses all the options I set up.

I am attempting to run the game on an iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 with 4Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512Mb, running Mac OS 10.8.4 (these are above the requirements listed on the game's Runesoft webpage). This machine runs many other games perfectly - Civilization V, Hearts of Iron 3, Victoria 2, Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings 2 - which is why I'm so hugely disappointed at how poorly Patrician IV is performing!

I've emailed Runesoft about all of this but I'm wondering if anyone else out there having these sorts of issues?
"At 20 years of age the will reigns, at 30 the wit, at 40 the judgment." - Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790) US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crashRunesoft, Patrician IV, poor performance, crash, freeze, disappointment, Weltschmerz, did I say how bad it is yet?