Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Just out of curiosity.. is there any article I can point to that tells people when the best time to buy a Mac game so that the Mac publisher can get their cut of the money? Some people might be tempted to purchase games in a sale or to preorder a game to get bonuses in the hopes that it might come to the Mac (or Linux). But we here all know that if we get a game at a certain time frame or from certain stores only the people involved with the PC version will get a cut. This sort of stuff needs to be in an article that can be permalinked to.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3296 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

I've heard that (I have no proof of this) if you purchase a game on Steam for PC (Let's say Tomb Raider), once the Mac version comes out, you have to play a certain number of hours on the Mac version (not sure how many) for the Mac publisher to get credit.

Perhaps someone from Aspyr or Feral can elaborate with what happens with their Steam games? I would like to support Mac publishers as much as possible and knowing how would be awesome.

Smoke you should PM edddeduck or Aspyr-Blair. They would most likely be able to shed some insight.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#3 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

When I asked this early this year I was pointed to this post:

http://www.insidemac...77

Unless the terms have changed, you have to play it mostly on the Mac within one month of purchasing it for the Mac publisher to get the credit. (Which is pretty harsh.)

Now that you remind me of this, I'd better fire up DXHR:DC this weekend, just for a bit.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#4 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Now that you remind me of this, I'd better fire up DXHR:DC this weekend, just for a bit.
Careful, you’ll go in with the intention of just playing a few minutes and before you know it you’ll realise you haven’t eaten or slept for a week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: money, FAQ, Feral Interactive, Aspyr Media