#81 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I'm with Lil Pip... I don't like reading reviews too much that get in depth. I also dont like reading the story pages (wiki?) and the like. I find its best going in with very little clue, than knowing everything before you even do a first launch ;)

The only kind of reviews I tend to read is like does it actually run well? is it a totally piss poor console hackjob port? are the controls so much garbage you can't even enjoy it? That sort of thing.

The only thing I know of Alien Isolation is: sposed to be freaky, and killer on the senses. Thats good enough for me.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#82 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

I've got to throw in with you Fm, I don't like spoilers and all I'm interested in is the game play, the controls, and the ease my computer will have running it.  I want a game to be fun, to grab my imagination and keep it.  You can't learn that from a review.  Anyway, it's just one guy's opinion, it's probably jaded at the least, and possibly corrupted by gaming interests who want good reviews.  I don't go to any of the big gaming sites because of that.  I'd rather hear it from a friend who has played here on the forums.  I know the guy, where he's coming from, and that he's speaking from the heart.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#83 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 July 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'd rather hear it from a friend who has played here on the forums.  I know the guy, where he's coming from, and that he's speaking from the heart.

<hides check from Creative Assembly for promoting Alien: Isolation and Rome: Total War II>

In all seriousness though, I love both games.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#84 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

I find Metacritic percentage and Steam global score (very positive, mixed, negative, etc.) to be a good way to get a feeling for a game's quality. For Alien Isolation: Metacritic score 81/100 and user score 8.4/10, Steam mostly positive (9454 positive vs 666 ( :devil: ) negative). Not bad!